Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Does what goes around really come back around?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by meridian6, Feb 9, 2013.

1. The past few months i've grown somewhat of a reputation for being somewhat of a stoner :smoking: which I have no problem with. This reputation though does have "side affects". Pretty much all of my friends and anyone who lives around me knows I always have bud. There's always people coming in and out of my place to smoke and chill, which is cool. I love being around people and talking about whatever shit.

A few of these people that are always chilling are just some of those people that never have bud. They just don't spend money on it. If they come in wanting to get in on a bowl, i'll always smoke them out and not think anything of it. But earlier today I was thinking about it and come to the conclusion that it's just my natural personality to be nice and smoke people out. Do you guys think my attitude towards this is okay? I mean it sucks running out of bud faster, but i've always been a firm believer that what goes around comes around. Do you guys agree?

2. Throw a boomerang and find out

3. :hello:

4. Well you are correct with what goes around comes around. That is how our planet works. We take from the earth and we give back accordingly. But some of your friends sound like scavengers and might be taking advantage of your awesome bud. Trust your gut, if you feel like they are only coming around for your weed then they prob are. You sound like a good friend though, you can stay that way and still limit the amount of smoke you give out, anyway have a great Saturday!

5. Scavenger smokers from half baked? Stop giving away your weed.

6. OP is Good Guy Greg

7. I know what you mean, its hard to not smoke people out...smoking with people is better than smoking alone. But smoking only your weed with people doesnt sound better than smoking less of your weed alone. Hahaha just put a sign in your house that states people need to bring their own bud if they wanna smoke down

8. There's nothing wrong with your attitude, and if you enjoy smoking people up, using your money on them, and are having fun in the process then by all means keep doing that. However, just because you consume cannabis does not mean you have to be a source of it for everyone else, you have every right to set limits, its your money that you earned after all.

If you think that they should contribute, tell them about it, if they get upset or stop coming around then they weren't really your friend in the first place. If they're actually your friend, they'll understand where you're coming from because everyone deserves and enjoys to own something that is definitely theirs. It's kind of like if a cat came to your door every night because you kept putting a food bowl out for it, its not necessarily there to visit you but because you've instilled the habit in it that every time they return to the same spot they'll receive a reward (in the form of food for this instance), if you take the bowl away then they'll stop showing up, and go somewhere else.

You're not obligated to fulfill another organisms desires, you've got your own, and if it makes you happy every now and then to fulfill someone else's desires (because it does feel good to do this as long as you don't overplay it) then by all means go for it. However not at the expense of taking away from your happiness or livelihood, because then you're doing yourself an injustice, which won't come back around.