Does weed smell bad to non smokers?

Discussion in 'General' started by Skurdle Skin, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Ok so this guy i know thinks weed smells bad (the weed itself not the smoke) and i think he is wrong. do you think weed smells bad to a non smoker?

2. I think so, at least for everyone I know that doesnt smoke. I always get complaints of my place smelling like a skunk when I open a jar up.

3. really? i wouldnt think so.

probably because we don't have skunks in my country, so they have nothing bad to associate the smell with.

4. When I was like 7 I asked my mom what the smell was when we were in a park, she said it was pot. I said I liked the smell of it, what's pot? Hahaha no joke. Freaked her out a little.

5. I remember the first time I smoked weed. My friends were behind their shed smoking a home made bowl, a ridiculous design I used to think was normal. I had only smoked a cigar before, so my smell was still pretty sensitive compared to now. And it smelled pretty gross. Granted it wasn't very good weed, but even now the smoke doesn't smell nearly as good as the fresh bud.

6. I think it depends on the person some hate the smell some like me loved it the first time they smelled it and for others it's an aquired smell

7. In my personal experience most people who don't smoke don't like the smell.
    So FUCK 'EM!!

8. yea my grandma (who is oblivious) always says i have really bad body odor if i smoked. so apparently it does. maybe if u have never done it smell bad. but before i ever smoked it i fell in love with the scent so im not sure. i guess if you dont like weed you wouldnt like the smell if you do then you like it. (im stoned as mess)

9. IN my experience the people who don't smoke think weed smells amazing lol. These girls I knew in high school never smoked but they always thought it smelled amazing.
    HS was awhile ago so I bet they smoke now. :)

10. Even when I was a non-smoker the smell was heavenly

11. The burnt smoke does smell like shit. That's what bugs non smokers I think.

At least inside. That's what my friends mom would complain bout.

12. I always like the smell of bud from the time when I was a little boy and go talk to my grandpa in the garage he would usually be smokin a joint or out of his pipe. A few girls I knew who smelled my bud but didn't smoke thought it smelled great but most people don't like th smell because it's to strong for them.

13. Before i started smoking i thought when weed was smoked smelt like a skunk (still does but i love the smell now), I liked the smell when it wasnt smoked though. SO yea i think people who dont smoke think it smells bad if smoked if not smoked they probably like it

14. i'm not a big fan of the smokey smell. when i walk into a coffeeshop in dam i'm not a fan of that pungent smoked cannabis smell. fresh bud though, omg, i love the smell.

15. My dog says wrooruff wraaaa hmm ??

16. [quote name='"Skunky Monkey"']My dog says wrooruff wraaaa hmm ?? [/quote]

Hahaha that's awesome on so many levels

And I definitely think its an acquired smell

17. I never smelt weed until I bought it for the first time

18. I'd say yes, but being a smokeri love it, and when i smell a dead skunk i think to myself "who has got the fuckin dank buds?"

19. Really depends on the strain.  We have  had our dogs sprayed by a skunk so we are not too fond of a strong skunk smell (Imagine that) but otherwise I like the smell of some good sticky nuggets.  Some people like the smell of their own farts....each to their own.

20. Yes it's not gross but it ain't pleasant

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum