Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

does weed really make you lose weight?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by goohara, Jan 13, 2012.

1. that's what they say... i don't know if it's true, but i do have noticed that all tokers i know are skinny. i know a couple of people as well that used to be chubby and since they started smoking marijuana they lost so much weight and now they are really thin.

so does marijuana really make you lose weight? talking from personal experience, i think it kinda does... somehow. i "used" to starve myself and i was diagnosed with an eating disorder. i have struggled with my weight all my life and i have always tried to lose as much weight as possible, but it was a slow process because i was already skinny. since i started smoking weed i noticed it became so much easier and i started losing weight super fast. and truth is i ate so much less when i didn't smoke than when i started doing so.

i think it doesn't make sense and weed shouldn't make you lose weight because it makes you hungry, but from what i've experienced, it does. so i'm confused :p help me out please?

2. This from an anti-drug group....

Cannabinoids and appetite

There are a lot of studies on cannabinoids and appetite regulation. Blocking the CB1 receptor did not work out:
    Rimonabant - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

3. My father smoke weed and I remember when I ask my mom why does he look slim and she would always say he is back smoking weed.

But when I smoke weed I gain and/or loose 5 pounds every week. Its weird.

4. It speeds up your heart, but some people (like me) give into the munchies far too easily.
    Theres yer answer.

5. i destroy anything in my pantry. but i think it gives people the motivation to lose weight, because fat and stoner is a bad image to have.
    [​IMG]

6. Guy in glasses cracks me up hahahah :hello:

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. No clue, never had a weight problem at 160! Smoking or not I just don't weigh much and no matter how much I eat it doesn't change!

8. Could we consider us lucky? :p I can't stay away from my "Lays" crisp bags while smoking, so I guess we are!

9. No but i heard it can help you lose a bit..something about a heart rate and higher metabolism and yah burning more calories because of that...

but then again the munchies sometimes just kills everything

10. It did for me. I was 250 when I started now im 220:)

11. If you eat healthily while using marijuana, it does indeed help increase your metabolism, speeding up weight loss. Though it's hard to not eat bad foods while high.. I never crave for a frickin apple, you know?

12. [quote name='"dirtydevz"']

Could we consider us lucky? :p I can't stay away from my "Lays" crisp bags while smoking, so I guess we are![/quote]

I could out eat you any day.

I put down a ice cream bucket of spaghetti, a whole cake, a bag of lays, and other shit that I can't remember cause I was blitzed all in one day, omg...

I had been starving for a while so when all that food and weed came to me in the same day, it was like a miracle so I put it all away...in my lungs and belt, ha ha.

13. now that i think about it the summer i was smoking blunts daily i lost 20 lbs. cant really say ive lost much weight since then, but i havent gained any either. i also dont smoke nearly as much as i used to back then, so i believe its quite possible theres a connection between smoking everyday and weight loss.

• Like Like x 1
  14. HAHA! Okey you'll out-eat me anyday :D But reading that confirmed my "lucky"-theory then hahah. Now you made me hungry! :smoke:

^this haha

But clementines is probably my favourite fruit while being high haha, or water melons :)

15. I started smoking I was 245 but now I'm down to 220 as of now, I give into healthier munchies like apples and vegie chips and there's a lot of running around

16. Pretty sure that's Stan Lee:D

17. Man when i'm high I want fuckin' rice or sushi! Although I rarely have it, so I end up snacking on anything in the freezers (usually nothing you heat up in the microwave is healthy)

If I chose fruit every time instead, I'd lose weight like I used to the first year I smoked,

18. Hahah :D I just noticed the bunny aswell, funnybunny!

Lolz! Just got text from my cousin in Sweden, its 4:20 over there now apparantly hahah

19. Earlier on when I only got the chance to smoke a few times out of the year I would always end up finding something to snack on if not some fast food place... However, just recently I've gotten into the mindset that I don't want to 'waste the high' so to say, basically I've just found better things in my free time when I am high rather than devouring half a bag of a family sized Cheeto's bag.

It seemed to make me hungry but as of now it seems like it's reducing my appetite, which is awesome tbh!

20. MMM! Sushi is the shit when high! If its good sushi that is :D