Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Does weed quality matter for edibles?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Jed Mosely, Jul 28, 2013.

1. Like if i put around 1.5g of mids in a cracker, will it make the same effect as putting the same amount of dank in it? Like will i get just as high?
    I ask this cause since it's cooking the weed for THC, i was thinking the grade of weed doesn't matter like i does for smoking. And also idk a mid dealer so until i find one (which wont behard) i will not know

2. I have never done edibles but my assumption is that it depends on tolerance. If your tolerance is low mid and dank will jack you up similarly . If tolerance is high, the dank will have a better effect. With dank in both cases the high would most likely be 'crisper' and more clean.

3. I'm gonna disagree with the guy above me, but I might be wrong. I don't have years of experience but I know pretty well.

Generally when people say quality doesn't matter for edibles they are the people making brownies by just dumping an ounce of schwag into the mix. Not only is this completely inefficient, but it also probably tastes like asshole. Anyways when you make edibles like this quality generally doesn't matter because you aren't even getting anywhere near all of the cannabinoids out so it doesn't matter how dank it was to begin with.

Now if you make edibles the right way with cannaoil/canna butter it definitely matters. I made brownies with .35g of dank in each and 1 brownie had my on the ground unable to stand(though I admit my tolerance is super low). Trust me and make edibles the right way or don't make them at all.

And yes, dank is the way to go.

4. Motherfucking this.

5. Dank has more thc in it then mids so the more thc you ingest the more stoned you will get. So the awnser is yes dank is better for edibles. But if I'm making edibles I will use mids n smoke my dank. I'd start off with 0.5g in 1 fire cracker I made 2 and I was fairly baked off them n 2 doobies.

6. Umm...if your dank has 20% THC and mids have like 5% ofc dank cookies are going to be more potent?

IME it's usually longer, stronger, and more medicating.

and make cookies with trim if you would just rather smoke dank. Dank cookies are more efficient than smoking but trim is cheap af lol. Far better than similarly priced mids.

7. it does and it doesn't. Edibles, like hash, are concentrates. That means there's going to be a fixed purity regardless of the quality of weed you used. What it will effect is yield. 1.5G of dank will have way more THC/CBD than the same amount of mids, so in your case yes, it would effect how potent your cracker is.

BUT- say you were making a large batch of cannabutter to use in future edibles- you could either use a larger volume of mids or a smaller amount of dank and end up with cannabutter that has the same strength. depending on the medium you're using there's a fixed point of saturation as to how much THC it can absorb. it doesn't matter where the THC came from.

a better example of what I'm saying would be hash. Its not quite directly applicable, but its the purest example of the point I'm making.
    say you're making QWISO hash. Say that QWISO hash it 85%pure THC*. it will always be that same purity, regardless of what bud you use. but since stronger weed has more THC in it, it will yield a higher volume of QWISO hash than an equal amount of weaker weed that will still make that same 85% pure QWISO hash, but less of it. you're essentially taking just the chemicals out of the bud, so the initial carrier doesn't matter for anything except the volume of chemicals.

*the 85% is just an arbitrary number for the example, I have no clue how pure QWISO hash actually is*

the reason it doesn't work quite like this for edibles is because rather than trying to extract pure chemicals, you're transferring them into a fixed volume of a new carrier substance. 

TL;DR:

sort of- you can use more mids or less dank for the same effect, but the same amount of dank is better than the same amount of mids. 
    and dank will generally taste better.