Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Does weed make you smarter?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by CrazEpharmacist, Apr 6, 2011.

1. I feel like every pothead I know is like a genius. This one kid got like a 1350 on his sat, has like a 96 average, all A.P.s and he's high as fuck all the time. Like everyday he comes in stoned. He deals, hes done X a few times, coke once, and condine once as well. I know about 10 other people that are like this as well except they only do weed not all those other things. In reality, I only know one kid that's your typical "stoner". He gets terrible grades and his stoned like literally all the time.
    I'm just about your average intelligent student. I have like a 90 average, 1200 SAT and almost all honors classes. But Ever since I started toking I feel like it definitely makes me lazy but this is easy to overcome. Just don't do it during school or the night before something important. Limit your toking to Friday nights and Saturdays. But other than that I feel like ganja has opened me up to all kinds of things. It makes me perceive the world in a whole different way. Like why do we laugh? Like all these things we've just accepted as normal human behavior but when you're high you question almost everything. The stuff just makes you think and I like it.

A

2. If 1350 is a high score on the SAT, then I'm seriously concerned for our future.

3. It depends on the person. It has greatly expanded my mind

4. Umm, it's not necessarily a very high score but its definitely a good score. I'm talking about out of 1600 not 2400 just so you know.

I think he scored like a 2100 or 2200 or something like that out of all three parts. If you don't think that's good then post up your score and we'll see how smart you are.

5. It has nothing to do with it.

6. When i was in high school.. I had 2.0 GPA than i smoked weed.. next semster 3.0! I think it does :) After all its called.. "HIGH"SCHOOL

7. 2100 or 2200 is pretty good. For what it's worth, I got a 2302 and a 2244.

8. I find myself intelligent and i damn near smoke everyday. So does it make you smarter? Perhaps, or it just expands your mind to new ideas/perceptions. But this study performed by Xia Zhang and collegues in Saskatoon, SK Canada says that marijuana might actually be good for the brain by causing nerve cell growth and stimulates brain cells located in the hippocampus ( where learning and memory is ) . Heres the link..
    Marijuana might cause new cell growth in the brain - health - 13 October 2005 - New Scientist

9. im less productive when the comedown hits. but when im high i do all my work in school just got a 87 on a hard ass test i toke baked out of my mind.

10. Back in high school no one I knew really drank or smoked pot.
    Now all the smart kids are stoners and the dumb kids drink a ton. In my experience Pot attracts more intelligent or down to earth people.

11. No, not in any way what so ever.

12. the "over-analyzation" feature of weed can be used in different ways, i think. for me, i can just read people like books now. i can pinpoint peoples reasoning behind their intentions and actions, ever since i started smoking. dumb people just stay dumb. and i think it's the people who have potential to be intelligent that can gain stuff from it.

13. hey let's correlate completely unrelated shit

14. Just curious but what college did you end up going to? That's a mad good score. I only managed to get about a 1900 on my SAT.

wait wtf? The SAT's are scored by 10s.....

15. sniff...sniff....it smells like bullshit in here

16. Haha am I confusing the SAT and ACT? I'm too blazed for this. I think I got a 23 and 22?

I'll have to look at my SAT scores again, sorry about that haha.

I ended up not going to college because I truly despise school. I'm thinking of possibly going into the Air Force or something. I also can't justify paying for a school. Despite my good scores, I didn't get a full ride anywhere and I'm pretty poor. No sense in coming out in debt with no guaranteed job.

17. Yes, yes they are. I was thinking the exact same thing.

I am going to call bullshit.

And as a college sophomore, a 1350 out of 1600 is most definitely something to be proud of. Hell, a 1200 is nothing to be embarrassed about at all. 1350 will get you into the honors programs at a lot of smaller schools. It's not mind blowing good, but it is a very good score. Above about 1450 and that is an EXCELLENT score.

18. I'll let you guys call bullshit. I know I dun goofed and confused the ACT/SAT. But I'm not here to lie to a bunch of people on the internet. It doesn't affect my life if you guys think I'm a 4 ft. midget living in my mom's basement, or what.

Cheers!:smoke:

19. lol true dat.

20. No, but it might change your outlook on life.