Does weed make you smarter?

Discussion in 'High Ideas' started by sofgrylls, Dec 20, 2013.

1. So i haven't smoke in awhile and when i was sober for a long time i took a math test and did poorly. My teacher later let me retake it i never studied for it after i did poorly so i took my test high and got a 100 without studying or looking over the material? Is it just this great of a miracle drug?

2. #2 AlphaOmega420, Dec 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2013
    cannabis increases creativity and magnifies your thoughts and perceptions.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thats awsome man! I just wish it wasnt so hard to find a reliable drug dealer so i have long spans of time dry...

• Like Like x 1
  4. Of course it makes you smart....just read a few threads on this forum and you'll see..... :laughing:

• Like Like x 1
  5. For me? No.
    For everyone I've smoked with? No.
    For some? Maybe?...

I definitely become more creative, but... in no way do I become smarter. I remember failing all of my tests that I took high when I was in high school.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Be careful, man... If you convince yourself this is true, eventually you're gonna have a bad time, haha.

Cannabis does not make you smarter. It makes you think in different ways, sure, but... actually increase your overall intelligence? No, sorry... though evidence does point towards the opposite. ^_^

• Like Like x 2
  7. dunno about smarter, but it can and does repair neural pathways in the brain thus perhaps allowing us to find all the stuff we have in there once again.

8. I don't think the threads you're referring to are a result of weed making them dumb. Those people would still be the way they are without weed.

• Like Like x 1
  9. #9 jmick, Dec 20, 2013
    True....just trying to inject a little humor.....and those people would still be 15 years old....

10. not smarter.. or dumber

it just allows you to think in different ways than you normally might, which could result in you seeming smarter.  or dumber.

11. For sure man. Some of the people here definitely aren't 18 because they act like babies.

• Like Like x 1
  12. I find it just makes people think they are smarter

13. Does it make you smarter...no.  It can help you focus better though so in a way it helps you smarten up.

14. #14 King Chad, Dec 20, 2013
    It opens your mind and eyes to things you wouldn't notice or think about sober.

15. It gives you a different perspective. I honestly think cannabis has no major impact on intelligence. Some people are fucking stupid before they smoke and the weed doesn't change that.

Just read a couple threads on this forum. Not exactly the brightest minds in the world.

16. To expand on this, I find that, while it doesn't generally make you smarter, people that already have moderate or higher intelligence can greatly benefit from this new perspective.

I'm not particularly intelligent, but if I have to analyse shakespeare, or any other literary works, I find it helps to smoke up and read it at least once. It opens your eyes to things you may have never seen. This also applies to most other courses, but I found it most effective in English. Weed helped me pass high school, and hopefully university when I decide to go.

17. THC has also been linked neurogenisis, which the growth of new brain cells. So not only can it make you smarter when your high, it can make you get continually smarter throughout your smoking career :)Sent from my GT-N7000 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. Was it the same exact test as before? And did you look over your wrong answers before you took the new test? Smoking weed could of helped your brain to form better connections to information that's already there.. or a combination of subconscious process of elimination from know the wrong answers.

19. meh, i think it could go either way. Some people are brilliant on it, other's are fucking retards. Depends on the person

20. Meed makes you "smarter" if you are already smart.  If you are a dummy, well...

But what is "smart"?  I think it just means you're able to take pieces of information, organize that information, and analyze it well.  So yes, I think if you're already good at this when you're sober, it may intensify when you're high.  Your process of gathering, organizing, and analyzing information may become more instinctive than procedural.  At least for me that's the way it seems to work.