does weed make you happy in the long run

Discussion in 'General' started by suyuper, Oct 19, 2011.

1. for those of you who are financially stable, and not struggling with money or getting your dro, does bud make you happy in the long run.

2. In the long run, everyone will be depressed.

With or without weed.

3. that is true, but i am talking about how you ll feel older, compared to a non-toker

4. I'm bi-polar and use it to maintain my moods
    I use it every day and have for a long time now

I really don't get 'high' from herb anymore but ...
    I'm really not looking to get 'high' anymore

if I smoke enough I can get high
    but I only use enough to maintain my mood

there are other drugs I use when I want to get high ;) ;)

5. Bipolar? yeah it helps i had a friend who was bipolar and it helped but id rather get high off the ganja :smoke:

6. Oh, I like to get high as well, I just don't try to get stoned on a daily basis.

7. It doesn't make me happy over a long period of time, because it wears off. I'm not sure what you're asking.

8. If I had an unlimited supply I might be happy In the long run.. But then again I would start to not even feel it so I really don't know this is a complex topic

9. Since I started smoking weed, I have perceived happiness within and stop having a care in the world. Weed + Music = awesome feeling.

10. No, but it makes me feel good.

11. yes, im quite anxious and make hasty/ knee jerk decisions when sober

12. i would feel more content than happy..

13. Weed makes me happy, but the people i smoke with ruin it.

14. I'm going to say no, because of what society has made it.

Smoking weed will keep you from getting the job you want, it causes you to have to worry about being caught, and makes you feel like you're doing something wrong.

If it were legal and as accepted as alcohol is, none of these problems would exist. People say that it makes you a loser, but society actually makes you a loser because they refuse to allow a person who smokes to get anywhere in life.

I have no idea if it makes you less depressed or live a more fulfilling life. I'm still trying to get past the problems that society has created for the smoker.

15. Fuck the police, legalize the plant

16. i wouldn't say it's made me happy in the long run. i love it to death, but i've gotten arrested for it 3 times now. i'm never going to get a decent job or get into a nice university. why? because i choose to ingest .5g of a dried plant in my house and listen to music before bed. thats why my life is fucked up. because i have to go to a shady ass guys house in the ghetto to obtain a fucking GRAM of a plant. are you fucking kidding me.

you know whats even worse? a bunch of kids here are smoking that legal bullshit, spice or k2 or what the hell ever. like, i'm pretty sure kids have died from this. so, wonderful american government, a bunch of kids are still managing to get around your bullshit 1930's outdated law, by smoking nasty shit dipped in godknowswhat kind of chemicals, as opposed to smoking something completely natural. jesus, for the safety of our youth legalize the bud. people are fucking smoking it anyways. youre not winning. its redonkulous.

17. I feel that cannabis is best utilized responsibly as an occasional natural enhancement -- not a goal.

IMO, the only guarantee of happiness in the longer-term is to cultivate a positive, balanced life for oneself.

18. #18 Kush Wizard, Oct 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2011
    Myself, as a long-term daily (or nearly daily) user, I see cannabis as a form of control over my mood. My experience with it generally is that even if after using I don't feel many prominent effects like changes in visual perception or cottonmouth, my stress is knocked away a little bit and I'm put in a good mood.

To some that may sound like addiction, but I don't necessarily feel unhappy whenever I'm not stoned, so in my thinking cannabis has a solidly positive influence on my mood, and it's one of the few influences that I have total and direct control over.

It's a powerful tool to have. I never get into bad moods for very long when I have access to weed, and I look forward to every night.

19. bro im happy with weed now...thats whats important

20. Yeah it makes me happy.

If I didn't smoke up the past 2 weeks I,d be a misrable wreck over this break up...

I'm over it and happy.