Does weed inhibit ones motivation or determination?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Dabmonkey, Jul 23, 2016.

1. I feel like I could do better in school/work if I wasn't burning all the time, but I feel like it's 50/50 since I am happy. What do you guys think?

2. I get lost in doing things when I'm high. So I'm more focused. Oh yeah and if I'm stoned and think hmm that'd be cool I'll do and I have to do it even if I change my mind

• Like Like x 1
  3. That's why I do it! Lol I can't stop my brain normally. So when it's my time before bed I vape and hang out for an hour doing 1 thing! And then after that hour the super high is over and the relax portion begins and I go to sleep with out a frantic list of things to do, who to take where, ect... Also gets me in to large groups with out having panic attacks. Makes my life a lot better!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  4. Smoking weed gives you the space you need to take a step back and assess the current moment in life being lived. Yes, delving into deep thought might throw some people off their normal tracklist or to-do list for the day, but work doesn't stop there. Appreciation for the now is expressly involved when herb enters the lungs and soul.

5. I have PTSD. With it comes physical and mental symptoms. I have terrible anxiety and a very nervous stomach. Weed makes those symptoms go away so I CAN pursue my goal of being successful as a homesteader, growing our own food and medicine.

6. It took me a few years, but I finally realized that I did better academic work if I completed it before I got high. And I actually learned stuff, became more confident, and generally felt better about myself because I felt like I was accomplishing stuff.

7. i think u should drop out to sell rocks bro so u can smoke weed all dayyyayyyyy! :makeup::ladiegaga: hit that corner b

• Like Like x 2
  8. During the last 9 years, I have located, read, sorted and filed over 3330 pages of links to medical studies and articles about cannabis, the cannabinoids and the endocannabinoid system for my "Granny Storm Crow's List", and I did it all stoned! :GettingStoned: (Want a free copy of the List? PM me your email address!)

In college, I did my best writing while stoned and developed a system for studying that worked for me. When I read a text stoned, I took copious notes. Later, I would go over what I had written, while re-reading the text sober. Some of the stoned notes were just "garbage", but more were "pure gold" and gave me "novel takes on tired old subjects" (to quote one of my prof's comments on my paper). Graduated with honors. :smoke:

You can let cannabis turn you into a brain-numb, TV/ game-addicted, couch potato -_-, or you can let it inspire you to do amazing things! :yay: Your choice!
    (FYI - one definition of "inspire" is "to breathe in". Get inspired! :vaping: )

Granny :wave:

• Like Like x 1
  9. It's so "your choice"--what Storm Crow said, and William S. Burroughs would agree. Weed goes well with the type of person you are. If you're a lazy sack of shit before ever getting high, then you'll be a stoned sack of crap once you do. If you're a real go getter and get high, you'll go get some more. It's about that simple. Weed doesn't make one do anything, rather it complements who you already are (which is why I believe young people should wait til they're around 20 or so to start toking, because who the hell knows who they are at 16 or 17?).

Well, come to think of it, weed makes me want to eat chocolate drumstick frozen treats a lot, but I'd eat those things if I weren't stoned.

10. I think it's mostly dependent on the type of person you are, like others have said here in this thread. But I think the specific strain has an effect also. I grow 3 strains, 9lb hammer, GSC, and Dark Matter. The 9lb makes me kinda talkative and ready to go out into the world, while the other 2 make me kinda introspective and anti-social. Especially the Dark Matter. Yesterday I had all this shit planned but as soon as I hit some DM my plans went out the window and I spent the day 'hiding' from the world. If I had hit the other 2 I would have had a productive day. Just my 2 pennies.

11. Hmm yeah taking from everyone's responses I guess it really does just depend. I wish I could smoke and get a crazy amount of shit done but that's just not me. I get way too into chill zone when I'm blitzed. With this school semester starting up and wanting to get shit done, I'll just use bud as a reward system. That should keep me in check lol

12. i don't feel it does at all. weed enhances life, however you choose to live it

13. Short answer; yes.

Sent from my Z988 using Tapatalk