Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Does Weed In Alcohol Based Tinctures Need To Be Decarboxylated?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by HighHyde420, Jun 18, 2014.

1. A lot of people say if you make an alcohol tincture you have to let it sit for weeks or months, while others say you can do it in a day. What i want to know is if you need to decarboxylate the thc or will the alcohol do this forr me? Also how long should i let the tincture sit

Sent from Eric Forman's basement, Point Place Wisconsin

2. #2 mrsilly, Jun 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2014
    IMO you need to decarb.

3. Heat is a catalyst for the decarboxylation process but it also has an affect on the potency, in a slightly negative way but not enough that you would notice most likely. All this is just knowledge I have gained from reading around sams threads and other place, havent actually experimented with any of this personally.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. I always decarb and I think it's key.

5. It's easier to use hash to make one, if you have access to any. Such as say, a gram of kief put into a 1oz bottle of everclear.

6. Can you make mixed drinks with tinctures?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. Unless your material is several months old, you should decarb for a full bodied tincture. Older material like imported brick weed do not need it and should not be done unless you want a sleepytime tincture because decarbing that stuff just degrades it into CBN. It's already decarbed naturally.  :)