Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

does weed help with migrains?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by redhot, Nov 17, 2009.

1. #1 redhot, Nov 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2009
    well lately iv been getting these massive migrains and they last for days to come and i dont know if i should smoke because i already have sensitivity to light and i know herb can do the same thing so i want oppinions first before i try it but i dont want to make it worse so if you can honestly tell me if it works or doesnt help or makes it worse please help me??????????

.p.s. my doctor only gives me tylenol for my head aches/migrains so dont mention any perscriptions please i dont do many pills

2. I have suffered with migraines since I was around 5. They're horrible and that sucks you have to deal with them to.
    Smoking has never helped.. if anything it makes mine worse.

Since you don't like to take pills maybe this advise will work. I didn't have health insurance for a long time, so I didn't have the option to take something prescription. I take a hot hot shower, the hottest you can stand. [headaches are cause by constricting blood vessels, heat opens them allowing the blood to flow freely] When you get out, wrap you head in a towel, and don't take it off.
    I usually take Excedrin migraine. Then lay down in a very dark & quite room and just.. try not to move.
    I also have read up on pressure points in your hands, look it up. Theres spots on your hands & feet that if rubbed will help relieve headaches.

3. dnt smoke midz. THat gives me headaches. Get sum good banger and no more headaches for u.

4. Its sounds like you need a new doctor. Have you seen a neurologist? Migraines can be awful, and Tylenol can be awful as well (goodby liver).

OnlyDirty, have you tried ginger? That is a safe natural remedy. Valerian?

5. well i did exactly that yesterday and it didnt help i just didnt do the towel thing

6. A heating pad works to & its not an instant fix. You just need to try to sleep it off, honestly. And take some Tylenol as soon as you get up.

7. Weed will help you for sure. Just make sure you drink a few glasses of water, so you don't get dehydrated which will make things worse.

However, sounds like your doctor dosent know how severe your migranes truly are. I would go in and tell him that you need something more powerful, or you will be forced to get a second opinion b

8. yea shwag and mids dont help me, but dank does wonders. i get headaches and migranes a lot when i havent been toking, there extremely rare when i have been. anytime id get one id just toke a couple bowls or a joint and chill out. get some fluids in me and itd go away really quick.

a warm/damp cloth or towel over the head helps me a lot when i cant.

9. Sorry to hear about the migranes man. I know they are hell to go through. I used to get them up to 2-3 times a week for a year or two. Some got so bad I would throw up. I was scared to smoke if I got one, I was afraid of any negative effects that would make them worse.

I don't have much advice, but hang in there. All of a sudden mine virtually stopped, I haven't had one in I don't know how long.

10. yes i have seen my neurollgist and all he said he could do for me was give me zanex's and i told him to go fuck him self bc i thought he was joking with me bc i didnt know they weir anti inflamatory but anyways the only type of medicine i use is natural mother nature medicine such as green tree's and the flowers that come off these green tree's to tell you the truth my insurance doesnt even cover prescriptions bc i am just a commercial seller i dont realy have another job besides my weekend job were i go and make 70$ a day for mucking horse stalls at a ranch and since i work part time i dont get insurance good only if its a life and death situation thats the only way il ever get anything from that flipping insurance place!!!!! uhh this migrain is driving me nutts i get so mad now so easily when im not trying to get mad. :(

11. #11 redhot, Nov 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2009

well i have a white widdow plant in my backyard and the buds are almost done so i think il jst grab one of the older buds off of it and role a doobie with a grape rap and see how it helps but il post my results to smoking while having a migrain so i can just figure it out first hand that way i dont have to wait any longer for a response bc im tired of it and il do .w.e. it takes to get rid of this F-ing migrain so il reply in about 30 mins on my results and il drink some water right now b4 i do this

12. dank stuff helps me but i don't actually have a migrain. i have regular headaches.

but mids of any kind help temporarily then as im "sobering up" it comes back worse, or even if i didn't have one before i do then.

13. I thank weed for actually getting rid of my migraines.

I used to stay up all night in severe pain from TERRIBLE migraines and when i was younger, i'd basically cry myself to sleep... really sucked.

Haven't experienced that for about a year and a half, ever since i started smoking.

I would get frequent migraines also, not just headaches but migraines and now that's pretty much a rarity unless i'm hungover or under-nourished...

yay weed! :hello::smoking:

14. I get migraine headaches, and have a MMJ recommendation for it here in CA. I have taken Midrin and Imitrex in the past. I'll try to explain this the best I can: When I get migraines, I feel an intense stabbing pain in my right temple in addition to overall tenderness. It feels as though jabbing the side of my head with a knife to relieve the pressure would help. Most sativa strains will give me a rushing feeling in my head, like blood/energy are rushing to my head (hard to explain). It completely takes away my head pain and nausea. I was pretty emotional the first time I tried MMJ for headaches because there I was suffering from migraines since the age of 8 (I'm 24 now) with none of the prescription/OTC stuff working, dealing with intense pain my whole life... and yet I can smoke an illegal plant and it all goes away. At least I have a solution now I suppose.

15. I've been suffering from TERRIBLE migraines pretty much all my life. Before I started smoking I usually got migraines about 3 times a week on average and smoking helped ALOT. I rarely ever get migraines anymore even when im not high.

16. well this is a fun experiance im high off my ass and have no pains at all but im chairlocked lol bc my white widdow from m.s-nl is more of a indica lol but i can tell u this is some good shit wow i cant wait till harvest ima have the dankest shit on the block lol uhh wow im blazed but my migrain is gone the only thing i can feel is my veins in my eyes pounding lol i quik dry'd it by a conventional oven and it came out exactly at the point of fluffy and breakable easily lol hahaha wow im a kookoo clock lol cheers for weed :hello:im so :smoking: i am kinda halucinating like u know when u first actualy smoke and its alott i am like flashing in and out looking at shit it is so wonderful i love the green its my all purpose medicine lol wow thanks people for telling me to smoke but the ones that told me not too im sorry it dont work for you lol this is a big qoute dont you think blades?:):rolleyes::cool::devious::p:hello:;):D:wave::eek::smoking::hippie::smoke::yay::metal:i :love: the green :bongin::gc_rocks: this is how i feel right now lol ily GC lol woop woop for my new migrain cure

17. Actually weed DOES help with migraines. It just depends onthe type of weed. I strongly reccomend a relaxing dank indica. One bowl should be good along with a small amount of advil. Works all the time for me. I've had chronic migraines (which cause me to vomit almost always) since i was very young so i feel you. Hope this helps. Feel better man

18. i do feel better lol and ima do this every time i get a migrain i wonder how hash would affect me??????? hmmmm thats my next goal when my ppp are here ima hash them all lol