Does weed help depression

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by shuhei, Jun 24, 2020.

1. Hi I've been smoking weed for a few years now. in the beginning I was always paranoid but I still did it lol.

however I've been going through constant feelings of low self worth even before I started weed. it persisted through out until about half a year ago.

I started thinking more positive about myself. then I smoked weed ( having quit for almost 2 years) and I found instead of paranoia I'm actually just really happier than normal. i worry less and just stay in the moment.

Its opposite to my usual aggressive and angry with mood swings nature.

so I was wondering if I should continue smoking or I might get dependant.

2. Self success and achieving goals is a depression killer. Don't need a pill or weed for everything.

• Like Like x 3
  3. thanks for the reply
    I agree however depression isn't as simple as you think superman

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. A lot of this probably has to do with you having a more positive mindset from the get-go. If smoking pot gives you those positive vibes, then it sounds like it's helping you. But weed can also trigger anxiety, sometimes seemingly randomly after you've been partaking for a while. If that happens, then it's time to take a break.

If you're really interested in learning more, your best bet would be to talk to someone qualified to give this kind of advice. As much as your fellow weed aficionados want to give advice, we're not exactly the right kind of professional you need. Check out Granny's list, which is stickied in the general forum. There's probably heaps of depression related articles in there.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Are you in a legal or medical State?

6. no I'm doing it illegal for fun

7. I cannot tell if this is sarcasm - since above your speak about depression.

Assuming it’s just for fun - if it’s not fun don’t do it.

If it’s for medical - the above post about mind set is everything. If you go into a bowl thinking “this will make me feel like crap” yeah it probably will. Just like when I have a pick up I don’t think looks good I smoke it and it doesn’t get me a good high. Whereas if I blindfold and never saw the weed I am pretty sure I’d be very happy.

Different strains will have different euphoria also

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. I think cannabis is far better for depression then anything the mainstream medical industry is likely to prescribe you. The medical industry's understanding of depression is almost abysmal, they just hand out all these SSRI medications so Big Pharma can make bank on it. Depression is far more complex then just a lack of serotonin. Those bought and paid for doctors that describe serotonin as the "happy chemical" are grossly misrepresenting the facts. Serotonin is responsible for cell excitation, and too much of it can cause fibrosis all over your body. So unless someone truly has a deficiency in serotonin (which is exceedingly rare), then SSRI medication can be really fucking toxic. But considering SSRI meds are almost as profitable as statins, there's mega money behind this shit.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Depending on the strain my friend, I believe it can help, but it does depend on the strain. If you're getting from a legit source like a good farmer, or a dispo.. your odds are much better for the strain to be real and true.

If you get from someone in your hometown where it's illegal, it most likely isn't is what it is and it can actually maybe give you that paranoid side effect.

10. lol I was being sarcastic (not about the illegal part tho ;) )

btw we only have two strains in Kenya one that's locally grown called bush weed (schwag in some terms) and Ethiopian shashamane (the good stuff :) that I smoke specifically ).

and honestly I don't care what anyone thinks about it being a replacement for hard work to build self worth, coz I've done enough of that to a point I can't unwind if i want to, I can't let go, I'm obsessive.

so yeah smoke a bowl in my celebration hehe

11. In previous reply to someone I said we get two strains, a good one & a crappy one.
    so I usually smoke the good one which acts good if I'm not anxious to begin with, and If I'm anxious when I smoke the good stuff I usually have about half an hour of severe anxiety which I'm used to since i used to get that way regardless of being high before having my positive mental break through, so i nust stay anxious for a while then I start feeling satisfied and relaxed.

but definitely better if I'm smoking while relaxed.

hehe love from Kenya

12. damn bruh we should start harvesting it from people and sell it lol.

but in all seriousness are you a pharmacist or doctor? just wondering how much on point your facts are despite agreeing with them to a degree

Both my brother and I have had issues with being free and being ourselves and loving ourselves. to a point where we are always worried about being perfect, and becoming obsessive.

but my bro started toking and while on weed he used to change and just go slow with the flow and not be worried. i on the other hand got paranoid

but recently since I stopped thinking too much it makes me happy and confident

13. My advice is to smoke in moderation, take it easy. Weed helps me focus and it seems to help with depression, which I do suffer from, even though that is not the primary reason I smoke. I have never had an addiction to ganja but I do love it. Just go slow and see how it makes you feel day by day, don't let it become a money hole and you are good. I take long breaks (months) every once in awhile. Peace.:.

• Like Like x 1
  14. In my case it does. Got off depression med that made me feel like a zombie. My doctor was against it. At first. After seeing how I changed for the better he agreed it does me well. My wife tells me I'm a better husband. And father. So if it helps u like it helps me. Why not go with it. Goid luck

15. No I will say for me, it can amplify to some degree

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

16. Me it doesnt. I feel alive again. The depression meds made me like a zombie. I wonder if it could be the strain etc. That would cause i . I really dont know much about the subject. Just how to smoke. L. I'm sure someone on here will have an idea. I smoke sativa durning . indica at nite. I wish you the best. Because depression really sucks. And people who dont have it has no clue.