Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Does weed go bad

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Sir Stoner, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Does just regular weed in a bag in a dark cool environment ever go bad? No moisture at all

2. eventually it would, it would take a while though

3. Great minds think alike.

4. Would dry out prob, mason jar would be better to hold it in. Eventually it could mold depending on where it is and what it's in.

5. [quote name='"7764234"']Would dry out prob, mason jar would be better to hold it in. Eventually it could mold depending on where it is and what it's in.[/quote]

I love harsh hits, taking an extra harsh hit and then a drink of ice cold water

6. If you keep it in an air tight container in a shaded environment and non grinder it actually gets smoother, only after extreme periods of time it gets stale and useless.

7. [quote name='"ScotchnCoke"']If you keep it in an air tight container in a shaded environment and non grinder it actually gets smoother, only after extreme periods of time it gets stale and useless.[/quote]

Will it go stale by christmas? Its the 13th now? So about 12 days cause i wanna toke on christmas

8. Yeah that will be perfectly fine man :)

9. It won't go 'bad' exactly, but over time it will degrade, go brittle, lose color and lose potency. There are ways to store it to store all those things from happening, but they're not necessarily convenient, cheap or accessible.

10. I've had weed stored in glass vacuum sealed jars in my freezer for nearly 3 years. Occasionally, I'll open the jar, remove a small quantity then back into the freezer. After the buds thaw, they are sticky, fresh, still dank and loose very little potency or flavor. The key is to not disturb them daily or weekly, not allowing them to thaw until ready to use, and keeping the air out.

11. You should probably just smoke it

12. The granny has spoken

13. I keep mine in a refrigerator in a vaccum seeled bag. You tell me when you think that's gonna go bad and I will probably respond in a couple of years when it actually does go bad

14. It wont go 'off' but you do run the risk of the buds starting to grow mold if it isnt stored appropriately. As has been said a mason jar or any air-tight container will keep the buds dank for as long as you realistically need.