Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Does weed ever get in the way?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by iNick, Feb 20, 2011.

1. I was just wondering if weed ever got into the way of your everyday life? I find myself, even now, when I should be writing a paper that is due tomorrow or doing some reading that I should do too just not caring and sitting on GC writing this. All that said I think I am going to take a break till after the semester is over. Any thoughts?

2. Weed is very good at demotivating people. If you are finding that weed is getting in the way of everyday life then it is time to change your habits. A break is not really necessary, just moderate the amount you use and how often you use it.

A lot of your problem is down to you. You will probably find it is laziness as much as anything. You just need to tell yourself you will get on with these things and make sure you do it. It is not nearly entirely weed's fault.

3. Never wake and bake on a weekday
    pretty much, until all your things for the day are completed, don't blaz
    I blaze b4 I got to sleep and chill for an hour, then pass out

4. It gets in the way of my sleep cycle, sure, but I usually save smoking for when I have all my work done and I can wind down with a bowl or two before bed.

5. Once your tolerance builds up and you become more experienced with cannabis, you will learn to utilize it and it won't get in the way. Last semester I had no problem blazing and reading grapes of wrath. Or smoking hash and studying for a music class.

6. starting things you dont want to do is always the hardest part. just start doing it. plus, as already stated, get your shit done before you smoke. getting your habit under control is key. i was the same way for the las few months up until recently i got my act together and its been smooth sailing since.

7. Weed isnt getting in the way of you writing a paper...you sitting on an online forum is.
    which makes me want to get off.

8. Smoking takes up so much time that I don't have time for other stuff.

9. gets in my way every day. I really need to get a job but honestly i love smokin and it depresses me that i'd have to exercise every day and do all this shit for 2 months so i could pass a piss test. All i think about is those drug tests and i spend so much time researching it and finding companies that only do saliva. Shit i dont know anyone that knows as much about drug testing as me.

Basically once i get a job then i'll be good. Once i complete that goal then i'd be all good

10. Basically read all the above posts the people posted. And try making them "yours".

11. im a college student, doin fine. go to work and do everything perfectly fine (im like the oil to the places engine. If i fuck up, everyone gets fucked up till it gets sorted out), and i am high the entire time. School, work, gym, hmwk, chillin, talkin with parents, chores, babysitting my nana, DRIVING MYSELF TO THE EMERGENCY ROOM, i am able to control my shit.

I feel as if cannabis has given me more self control on my body as well as my mind. Im slowly molding into the person I want..instead of what the world makes me.

Or maybe im just stoned and ramblin, idk.

• Like Like x 1

12. So your basically saying your putting of getting a job to smoke weed. Its people like you that give stoners a bad name.

OP: It sounds like you care about actually going somewhere in life, great! Yes, weed can easily get in the way. Taking the semester off is wise, or if you don't feel that needed, you can limit yourself to only smoking on Fridays or at partys etc.

13. hardly, considering i'm in my final year of high school, taking several AP classes with 3.8gpa. Honestly its just to the workforce that i give my lazyness, once i overcome that it's good to go. All i need is a bit of will power and the strength to dream big! hazzah!

14. You know, the more I think about, the more I know the things these people have said. If I would just sit down and do the work I would be better and workout better for me. It truely is more lazieness then anything.

In other news, I finshed my paper :smoking:

15. haha nice reply

16. Only if YOU let it get in the way. Have a little will power huh?

17. Yeah, lately I've had very little will power... Atleast for school work.

18. I wouldn't say weed gets in the way, but it definitely effects it. I don't let myself smoke and study, but I do smoke and do papers. As long as I feel I have control, its not in the way.

19. Yea its tough but just stick it out and finish your schoolwork then enjoy your weed/high.

20. I was always pretty lazy in high school, even when I did smoke, my grades didn't drop. But they didn't go up either. I took a class at my community college and did great, because I actually applied myself. I smoked every day also. The key is to get everything done, then smoke. It feels good just not having to worry about shit.