Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Does weed effect stamina for sports alot

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by its-different, Feb 22, 2006.

1. I play sports and i smoke alot, but not while im in my season, do u think i will have a hard time running and keeping my stamina up if i smoke during my season

2. Well i play football and I didnt notice much. The first day there was a tiny bit of weezing detected...but it went away pretty quickly. I dont smoke too much at a time so....it depends on how much you smoke.

3. Not really, I've been playing rugby for a while now, since before I started smoking. For a while I was worried that smoking would slow me down too much, but I noticed that smoking really had no effect on me at all. Maybe I'm just lucky, or maybe it'll catch up with me in a while but for now it's okay for me and I smoke nearly everyday.

4. only the first couple practices will kill you, after that, you'll be fine

5. As an avid cross country runner,track runner,snowboarder,mountain biker,hiker,soccer player and weed toker. i can firmly say weed does not affect your stamina.... and i blaze everday o_O:hello:

6. Well, medically speaking, smoking weed doesn't slow you down because it opens up the passageways in your lung capillaries because weed, like mint, basil, or parsley lets off a soothing menthol like component that has been known to sooth and open up the capillaries in your trachea and lungs. Thus, actually, while exercising your body, your stamina will go up. Weed does act as an anti-convulsent as well as a muscle relaxor, so in that sense, you might not be able to handle particularly strenuous activity while high, but nonetheless, you're actually probably better off doing sports and other physical activities while high.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. during soccer season i smoked a lot and never was effected. i think as long as you stay active you are gonna be fine, cuz like a lot of the wrestlers at my school smoke and wrestling requires a whole lot of stamina. so just stay working out

8. Yea i play basketball, and i usually play the whole game, and i seem to be just fine. Going to practice high is hard though i dont recommend that, but i dont think you need to worry.

9. Yah I started track a few weeks ago after months of smoking multiple times a day and I haven't noticed a single hit to my stamina or endurance. Like Fellow said I don't recommend going to practice high however.

10. Is that true? I know menthol ciggarettes are worse because not only do they have more chemicals (obvioulsy weed doesnt) But the menthol sooths you and allows you to inhale deeper, but even though the smoke has menthol in it, your still inhaling smoke which is bad.

11. You know menthol cigs have particles of fiberglass in them, which scar your lungs and open wounds for the cancer carcingens to enter. Also they leave small pollups on your lungs that develop to cancer tissue

but it soothes you right? so whatever.. rofl

12. i did run a 1/2 a kilometer because of my bus takin off in high heels baked. i made it :smoke: and didn't even fall down:hello: .. had a lot of stamina in that moment

13. i would have to agree if u stay in shape weed will not affect ur game.. i probly smoke a bowl everyday and i skimboard every day of the weekend and that is constant running, i never get out of breath

14. i play ice hockey and i notice myself getting alittle more winded but only in really outragous situations like my coach forcing us to do sprints for like 10mins

15. i have been playing Footbag for a long time, almost 3 years now. iv smoked all through it and for footbag its all about stamina, iv never seen a problem with me getting winded, unless i do a long string or something. heres a vid if your confused. http://www.footbag.org/gallery/show/4217

16. As long as you get a significant amount of cardio-vascular exercise on a somewhat regular basis, you don't have much to worry about.

I run at least 3 times a week, and it keeps my lungs nice and healthy.

17. I've noticed my stamina doesn't last as long as when im not smoking

18. Figure I'll add my two cents. I lift and do cardio on a regular basis. Usually I lift hard and smoke after, if its a cardio day I usually get through 3/4 of my training then smoke a bowl, and finish, then smoke more. I find the cardiovascular effects of cardio training to counter act and even overpower the toxicity of the smoke.

Also, no better feeling in the world than lifting heavy and lighting up after.

19. actually i like smoking before lifting.. helps me to isolate and work different muscle groups, so much more effective, where as normally i would use other muscles along with the ones i would be trying to work and strain\pull shit..