Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Does weed dull your mind?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Sir Stoner, Jan 28, 2013.

1. So im just wondering, do you guys feel duller in the head after smoking and waking up the next day?

2. No it motivates me and allows me to concentrate easier...

3. After bake bro. You stop getting it after a while. I guess it's the equivalent of a hangover. As far as long term I actually think its opened my mind somewhat. When I first started tripping out I would always wonder about what other people were thinking, and how things were from their point of view. I think this mindset has helped me greatly to become a more compassionate human being. No homo.

4. I feel as of it has very much dulled me. Always a little hazy and I can just sense different. But I don't get the best nights sleep every either. But I'm still an A and B Jr. In college.

5. It depends on the person. For some it makes their minds more clear and creative, but for me I feel cloudy after smoking. Like when I smoke everyday I just sort of go into this constant mindstate of not giving a fuck about anything and just being content all of the time. Dont get me wrong I love that shit, but sometimes its nice to take a week off and just clear your mind and get your shit in order, ya know? anyways hoped this answered your question

6. #6 TimeIsIllmatic, Jan 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2013
    I don't think he's talking about when we're high (or maybe you are?), but the day or two after. I used to get that all the time, not so much anymore. When I first started, I would just completely forget about insignificant things...And my mind just always felt a little hazy. I think I just got used to it though.

I honestly don't remember what it's like to not have THC in my system, but I'm thinking about quitting weed for a month or so just to see what it was like before I started smoking haha.

Edit: I realize I said "just" a lot in the first paragraph hah! I'm high man.

7. No, but masturbation does. If I don't touch myself for a few days I literally feel smarter. It's easier to form sentences and I just do things on a higher level in general. Lol.

8. I feel that way too

9. I honestly can't say because I've experimented too much with other drugs to say what just weed does to the mind long term.

But I can say this-- It has much less of an effect than a lot of other stuff out there. Pretty much everything. Including Alcohol.

10. Where's Granny when you need her?

11. I suppose more than anything it depends on how sharp your mind was to begin with.

12. Yeah, after a night of drinking i feel dumb as shit.

13. Absolutely. I remember as a child I saw a documentary on how supposedly life ruining smoking marijuana is. There was this dumb fuck teenager talking real slow and harping on about being drugfucked and that weed had made him stupid. But the fact is, he was already an idiot beforehand.

14. i feel it gives me more of a right brain level of thinking such as creativity and artisticness as opposed to the sober version I me which is more left brained and more reasoning

15. I only feel groggy and hazy in the clouds from constantly intake of indica.

16. Nah weed definitly dumb me down a bit not a lot but i can tell my memory is starting to go.

17. Only indicas give me long after effects like feeling lazy and a little hazy in the mind but sativas don't at all. I still love indicas with all my heart though!

18. I don't think that your memory is getting any worse, because I know what you mean. Probably the times you are high your brain records less details. So you have essential 'blank' periods in your memory that make you lose your better judgement on when exactly something happened. The memory loss effects are temporary though, and rectify once you stop smoking.

19. I have NEVR, EVER had or been in a blackout due to cannabis. I quit drinking and smoking on 06/04/1993. I used to have black outs all the time when drinking. Have never had a black out since, even since starting to light up lightly again in December of 2012. I'm 50, so heck yes I forget stuff. The smoking helps the neuropathy in my feet though. I believe because it dilates the blood vessels which cause increased/better circulation.