Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Does weed cure headaches?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by bdk2jw, Aug 12, 2013.

1. Okay so I have a headache right now and I don't really feel like taking a pill and waiting for it to take effect. Would smoking a little bud, just to get a buzz or a mild high, make my head better? I heard it can make it worse so I'm just wondering.

2. Most of the time, 9 times out of 10 it will make you feel better. If you are smoking a high grade, 20% THC or higher cannabinoid, it is virtually unheard of to not get relief.

3. It might or it might not, just depends on the headache and the weed. Sometimes, I smoke with a headache and it gets better. Sometimes, I don't have a headache and weed gives me one (dehydration).

4. okay well i def don't have that, it's probably high mids or maybe dank so would that work?

5. I get strictly severe migraines. I don't know if that counts, but it helps relieve the pain an incredible amount.

6. I think a migraine is 100% worse than a headache, I would see this as an ideal vouch.

7. With me, even if its dank it depends. But it's not the same for everyone.

8. There are people who are smoking Marijuana for the past several years. They have noticed that it is really helpful in pain especially in stomach pain and to some extent in headaches. In fact it helps in three conditions i.e. headache, nausea and vomiting. If you get relief by using some amount of it, then there is no harm. 

9. I find it does helps headaches and it does wonders if you got a hangover going.

10. Sure as shit does for me. As well as nausea and chronic diarrhea. 

11. As long as you aren't smoking Mexican ass weed, you should feel better from smoking. This doesn't include Fire, which isn't usually ass-weed, but can be.

Weed initially increases blood pressure which usually assists in poor circulation above the neck. This poor circulation is the same cause of most general headaches. The thing is, most butt weed will cause an initial increase in blood pressure but will not necessarily lead to a relaxed decreased blood pressure later. This drop in blood pressure is absolutely essential to the feeling of relief for a headache.

A similar effect to this would be working out or having sex. They both cause the body to initially increase blood pressure and then decrease it in the recovery stage. Thats why working out when you are hung over might initially suck but will almost always make you feel better in the long run.

12. IMO smoking some bud helps my headaches to just melt away at least thats what it feels like(maybe because im getting "melted" myself lol)

13. Personally, smoking has never helped with my headaches. In fact, it usually causes them to grow worse. My guess would be it has to do with the replacement of oxygen intake with smoke, because if I vaporize or dab (less dense intake than smoking), my headache will generally mellow out or completely fade. 

14. #14 G4Grassdetta, Aug 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2013
    A Dab'll do ya!

Definitely helps me headaches.

15. I get headaches and migraines pretty regularly. I'm guessing by now your headache is gone, but I don't always get relief from smoking when I have a headache. It depends on how I got the headache. If I'm dehydrated a glass of water would help better for me than smoking. Stress headaches are relieved by smoking for me. I highly recommend smoking and figuring out if it helps afterwards  :bongin:

16. sometimes.

sometimes when i have a headache ill smoke n ill feel better.

sometimes when i have a headache ill smoke n ill feel worse.

sometimes when i dont have a headache and smoke ill get one.

lol

17. For me, cannabis prevents my migraines if used daily! :smoke:  (And I always use daily!) Be sure you drink a glass of water, or juice (not anything with caffeine in it!), so you are hydrated- minimal dehydration causes many headaches. Vaping is better than smoking- less CO2 which sometimes can give you a headache.  

18. Depends on the type. For me at least I don't feel much ache relief through sativas.

19. I actually was going to say the same thing about it preventing my migraines as well! I got my rec for them. I went from having severe migraines that would last anywhere from a day to a week. Now I only get 1 or 2 a week!

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

20. If the cannabis has been properly grown, dried, and cured then yes I would have to say most times it will take care of the headache. However, if the grower didn't flush out nutrients, used harsh pesticides, or skipped the curing process you can get a headache from smoking the buds. If the ash turns black, that's not good! You want the ash to burn in a uniform white/grey color.