Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Does weed cause lung cancer?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Alecskates12, Mar 4, 2011.

1. About an hour ago i do not know how it came about but it came to a topic with my parents and I about weed. The biggest thing they said was that it causes lung cancer. I do not know if this is true but what do you guys say?

2. Inhaling paper would be more deadly

3. Marijuana smoke does contain a number of carcinogens. But, marijuana smokers typically smoke much less than tobacco smokers. Over time, they inhale much less smoke and are much less at risk for lung cancer. There also have been NO reports of lung cancer attributed directly to marijuana.

4. Perhaps. But they haven't found a case, ever.

5. no.
    Cell phones can cause cancer....And I bet they bought you one.

6. my grandpa has lung cancer and i dont wanna get it

7. #11 Storm Crow, Nov 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2012
    Does smoking weed cause lung cancer? :laughing: I'll trust what PubMed says over DARE's propaganda, any day!

Marijuana compound could stop aggressive cancer metastasis (news - 2012)
    Marijuana compound could stop aggressive cancer metastasis - Yahoo! News India

{Delta}-9 Tetrahydrocannabinol inhibits growth and metastasis of lung cancer.
    (abst - 2007)
    {Delta}-9 Tetrahydrocannabinol inhibits growth and metastasis of lung cancer. -- Preet et al. 2007 (1): 4749 -- AACR Meeting Abstracts

Delta9-Tetrahydrocannabinol inhibits epithelial growth factor-induced lung cancer cell migration in vitro as well as its growth and metastasis in vivo. (abst – 2008) Delta9-Tetrahydrocannabinol inhibits epithelial gro... [Oncogene. 2008] - PubMed - NCBI

No association between lung cancer and cannabis smoking in large study (news - 2006) International Association for Cannabis as Medicine

Marijuana Smoking Found Non-Carcinogenic (news - 2006)
    [FONT=&quot]ATS: Marijuana Smoking Found Non-Carcinogenic[/FONT]

Marijuana Helps to Combat Lung Cancer (news – 2007)
    http://www.bio-medicine.org/medicine-news/Marijuana-Helps-to-Combat-Lung-Cancer-20045-1/

Marijuana May Fight Lung Tumors (news - 2007)
    Marijuana May Fight Lung Tumors

Marijuana Beneficial in Fighting Lung Tumors, Study (news – 2007)
    Marijuana Beneficial in Fighting Lung Tumors, Study ( New research has shown the benefits of ...)

Cannabinoid receptors, CB1 and CB2, as novel targets for inhibition of non-small cell lung cancer growth and metastasis (full - 2011) Cannabinoid Receptors, CB1 and CB2, as Novel Targets for Inhibition of Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer Growth and Metastasis

[FONT=&quot]Cannabidiol inhibits lung cancer cell invasion and metastasis via intercellular adhesion molecule-1. (abst – 2011) [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Cannabidiol inhibits lung cancer cell invasion and m... [FASEB J. 2012] - PubMed - NCBI[/FONT]

Can marijuana stop cancer? (news – 2012)
    Marijuana And Cancer: Scientists Find Cannabis Compound Stops Metastasis In Aggressive Cancers

Media Ignored Expert's Shocking Findings That Marijuana Helps Prevent Lung Cancer: Now It's Med-School Material (news – 2012) Media Ignored Expert's Shocking Findings That Marijuana Helps Prevent Lung Cancer: Now It's Med-School Material | Alternet

Hon, you really need to send me an email (bottom of my sig)- then you would have all those articles, and more, to show the folks the facts about cannabis. When you have a few PubMed studies to back yourself up with, it becomes a lot harder for them to keep saying things like "Pot causes lung cancer"!

8. Damn.