Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

does walmart drug test?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by repsaj, May 19, 2009.

1. If you ever a visit a walmart here in Montana... you will come to find that the stockers are all strung out on meth, sales people are stoned as fuck (my friend is a sales rep in electronics) and you will find many drunk indians spread throughout the store @ 2 AM.

No but the West End Billings Montana Walmart is one of the worst walmarts in the nation... when they finally built a walmart in my town (laurel) i was so happy i didn't have to go back to that ridiculous overcrowded store... i still do enter it's premises every once in a while.

Not many businesses drug test here... lots of Montanans blaze it up... you would be surprised at how many people toke here... more per capita than california :smoke: (12% compared to 11%)

2. Haha I worked overnights at Walmart. All I can say is FUCK that job

3. I worked overnights too and they tested me. But one of my friends

4. I have been working at Walmart for two years and they only time they drug test you is when you get hired or any time you have an accident and get hurt bad enough to have to go to the hospital

5. I just got a seasonal job at Walmart in the electronics department and I stopped smoking for three weeks and I passed the drug test, does anyone that had worked there know if I will get drug tested again if they decided to hire me permanently? I really want to smoke a fat blunt but the job is chill and I wouldn't mind it permanently

6. Yep, they drug tested me. Unfortunately I passed it and now work in misery.

I work 4PM-1AM truck unloading and It's pretty unforgiving, the amount of labor is ridiculous for the pay, everyone else seems to get paid and treated better and we tend to get blamed for everything resulting in the majority of associates who aren't unloaders to despise you for no good reason.

On the flip side, overall from what I've read around the net my Walmart doesn't seem so bad, just moderately retarded and seriously understaffed. Plus my schedules predictable; I always work 4 to 1.

7. I was called in for an interview last Saturday at a walmart here in ohio. All walmart stores have the same rules and regulations. I wasn't paying attention as to if they drug test or not. I had 2 people interview me back to back, then went back to sign papers with the assistant manager. I had gotten the job, but was told to go take the drug test like right after I left. I had smoke 3 times within the last 2 weeks before the interview and the last time being a shit load of weed the day before the interview. I clearly failed my drug test, but if you have the right attitude and seem to be a hard working, driven person, youll get it whether you passed the piss test or not

I was left waiting a week before hearing back from them (today) calling me in for orientation... I shit my pants xD -I totally thought since i failed the test, i wasnt going to get the job, but I did:) -so i hope this helps. Ya, you guys can continue tokin up, but id limit it...

8. #69 HopHopsin, Sep 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2012
    Update: Alright so I went for the interview 2 days ago & they didnt drug test me! \t:yay: ...

now the bad part........ :mad:

I gotta go back in for another interview next week :cry: urghhhh so that means no smoking for another week :(

but the good news is its sort of like a t-break :cool: so I figure by next friday ill be blazing up. :bongin:

im gonna go buy some high grade shit & invite a couple friends over and celebrate :bongin: .......

that is if i get hired :confused_2:

Edit: Im the 69th post :poke: get it? get it? haha im immature no wonder im workin at walmart.

9. that is a shitty shift, hope I dont get something like that.

10. i work overnight 10pm-7am frozen/dairy stocker but just because you get hired for that job you get moved around alot ive done way more then just frozen and dairy and only been there a month now i make $8.15 an hour not to bad.

As far as the drug testing they only do 1 drug test right before you get hired and thats it unless your in an accident. i know very very close people worked there for years never been drug tested even my co-workers been there for years and only had the one it would be to expensive even for walmart to drug test every employee every month or w/e.

re-cap - 1 drug test unless in accident. *atleast for my walmart* some others may be different

Edit: You take the drug test in another building we have 2 around this walmart one like 30min away and the other like 5-10min from that said walmart and incase anyone is shy or w/e no they don't watch you but they have rules like empty your pockets and don't flush the toilet or run the water till they take your urine sample. Also they do test the temp of your sample.

11. ---------------------------------------

I have gone for my first interview on Tuesday it's almost been a week. I filled out the paperwork for background check but was never told about when or where to go for drug testing ?

12. I heard that they will not do the drug test during the orientation. Walmart used a urine test, and it gives 99.8% accurate results. but prior to an employment Walmart conduct a drug test to ensure the conduct of the employee as well as the safety of customers. the drug test usually is done at a local clinic that is assigned by the Walmart eye center. to know more about Walmart vision center hours check this.

13. Lol I doubt it those guys will literally hire anyone.