Does Trim Need To Be Cured Before Making Bho?

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by painterdude, Sep 23, 2014.

1. It's that time of year here and I am sure someone has asked this, but I couldn't find it. Should trim be dried and cured before making BHO or just running it dry fine? Thanks in advance. I appreciate all the help.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. #2 Blu3B3rryKush, Sep 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2014
    Just run it if your not going To smoke it why bother curing...
    It needs to be dry though yea

3. Isn't moisture a potential adulterant to a final product?

4. Thanks. That's what I thought but I couldn't confirm it. It's dry. Going to do a run tomorrow. Got it prepped and in the freezer.

5. #5 Blu3B3rryKush, Sep 23, 2014
    [quote name="painterdude" post="20654500" timestamp="1411436086"]
    "Thanks. That's what I thought but I couldn't confirm it. It's dry. Going to do a run tomorrow. Got it prepped and in the freezer. "

Noo u only want to freeze it for 15-20 min befor you run it other wise u will get much moisture in it...

6. #6 painterdude, Sep 23, 2014
    Dang. I have been doing that for like the last 2 months. I haven't noticed a difference in taste. This is my first trim run from my own stuff.

7. well i only say that beacause iv ruined a batch by over freexing it before. and iv also smoke lots of bho that has been stored in the freezer and it sizzled like a mofo as well as the stuff i over froze but freezing it for just a few minuetes will show a difference in yeild. 

8. Thats why every serious oil maker in the world freezes everything from the filters, weed, tube, Pyrex and butane in the frig.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Grasscity Forum mobile app