does this sprout still have a chance at life?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by dude1, May 9, 2010.

1. this is around 2 days. maybe 3rd day. it kinda stopped growing . i think. unsure. just keep waiting?

Attached Files:

2. Should be fine, give it some time. It's definitely got a chance.

3. lil case of helmet head. Just keep the humidity up, should come out ok.

4. give it a day and if the seed casing still isnt going anywhere, gently remove it yourself. it should easily split in two pieces. Be very gentle when attempting this.

Every once in a while i will get a seed that gets stuck. If you dont remove the casing in time, the plant will die as it can not start growing until it has leaves.

5. all 6 of my seeds do this!!! it pisses me off and i usually try to remove the shell. my other seedlings turned yellow and got hard. i really think its genetics

6. how are you planting your seeds/sprouts? are these beans going directly into soil? do you germ them then plant? if you germ first, how deep do you plant them?

7. yeah first i germed them in paper towel method. then once i see a baby tail of the tap root, i plant it, root first, about 1/2 to 1/4th of an inch deep.

8. oh yeah, i posted this thread in the morning, now its evening, and still nothing. only the stem got a little taller barely, and it just straightened up instead of leaning.

9. i try removing the shell, but its still stuck, not loose . unless im not trying hard enough. any tips? how do i keep humidity higher?

10. if it's stuck now, it isnt going to get any better in a few days. You need to take the shell off. it will split from where you see the root sticking out to the tiny round indentation in the other end of the seed. grasp both halfs firmly and pull.

if you dont get it off of there, it will die.

11. yeah i did that and it looks like its going to survuve. the contelydeon thing its kinda whitish but i can see that its going to open open in a day or 2. all my seeds do this to me

12. what up dude1 :D ya ya so i just flicked my shell off when i saw that little bitch still dangiling on lol but for sure i bet that shit will just fall off. keep us posted bro.

13. the shell for this bitch wasnt dangling, it was harnessing it like dragonball z

14. ahaha nice methaphor! Well shit man is it still on there? My seedling just got those first 4 leaves popped out last night. using 2 daylight cfls ( 2700 Lumens each)

what strain are you?