Does this sound like a decent setup?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Pngwyn, Sep 30, 2011.

1. #1 Pngwyn, Sep 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2011
    I been trying to invest in some nice glass.. here's what I've come up with after some window shopping..does it seem like a good combo to you guys?

MGW 8 Arm Straight Tube
    SG 14/18mm Gridded 180dg Downstem
    Hops Inline A/C 14mm
    McFinn Carbon Filter 14/18mm
    18mm B. Wilson Diffused Disc Slide

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Probably gonna have a lot of drag, does b Wilson make 14mm slides? I thought they were all 18mm? I don't really like 14mm slides very much because they seem too constrict the airflow too much, and make it a much slower clear.

3. Ya get an 18/18 downstem and an 18 ac. That looks like a killer set up man.

Oh if u still want the sg stem you can buy a 14/18 adapter for pretty cheap to make it work.

4. Oh I forgot to mention I'd have a McFinn Carbon Filter that is 18/14 so the B Wilson would be an 18mm slide.

I kinda wanted to avoid using adapters if possible.. why do you suggest an 18/18 over a 14/18?

5. i would get a mgw showercap instead

6. Showercaps are pretty sick. Someone wants to trade me my king stem for a syn mini showercap right now but I don't think I'm gonna do it.

I was just saying 18/18 to get the best airflow.

7. i almost would for sure if it was a 2010bc gridded showercap. but yeah if your don't like stemless def go with the SG gridded downstem.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXpwPtn1m8s]MGW showercap diffusion - YouTube[/ame]
    slap adisc diffused bowl on that and your in action, you can get 8 arm to showercaps too, maybe 12

8. #8 Pngwyn, Sep 30, 2011
    Well, the thing is I would love to have a nice A/C I could turn into a bubbler for the sake of vaping. I actually primarily vape (for now) so having the hops would be really nice in my opinion. And most any tube that I'd want is probably more diffusion than I would want for vaping.

What is the price range of the showercaps?

9. on a l t 9 arm to showercap 350$ mini shwercap 280$ syn tall showerhead is 250 mini 300 bigger showercap for mgw is 350% and 450 for a syn

10. #10 Pngwyn, Sep 30, 2011
    Would you recommend HVY?

[​IMG]

I already have a 18/14mm CF and ordered a Hops 14mm A/C, so I could get the HVY with a 14/18 SG downstem. The problem with stemless is that most are 18mm and I already have a 14mm A/C so I gotta deal.. I could always use a reducer too, but I don't know if it's ideal

11. domes are generally draggy, get an adapter:smoke:

12. How much is your entire setup going to cost you / how much are you willing to spend??

13. #13 Pngwyn, Sep 30, 2011
    Basically I already have a 14mm Hops A/C and a 18/14mm carbon filter, so I am kinda just exploring what might be a good option in the future to go with this.

I'd be willing to spend maybe another $350 -tops- on top of what I have spent already... and also would be hoping to pick it up online..

14. Yeah, but like I said I wanted a piece I could vape through which is why I got the A/C, I figured I coulda gotten a bubbler, but if I get an A/C I can get a tube later and it doubles in utility.

Vaping through a mega tube like that or similar is too much diffusion for vaping according to what I have read.

15. by vaping do you mean hitting concentrates on a bell/hash plate/health stone or actually vaping

16. Using a Purple Days direct-draw vaporizer

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmx4JXi-SDA&feature=related[/ame]

17. aaahhhhh. Ok, I get where you're coming from now. Well I don't know much about vaping from a bong so I guess my helpfulness has been all used up haha :)

18. Well I'm not trying to vape through a bong, but the A/C was mandatory so I could vape through some glassware. I just need to find a good combo to go with the A/C for when I feel like combusting, ya dig :D

19. you know i think your best bet might just be a single circ toro. unless you are going for a bong thats at a 45 degree angle for the downstem. if your cool with 90's grab that shit :)