Does this setup (ac/bubbler) go together?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Dyma, May 16, 2012.

1. I know this sounds pretty simple but this is my first time buying glass

I purchased this stand up 8-arm bubbler and its shipping now

Black Leaf - 8-arm Perc Glass Bubbler with Hurricane Mouthpiece - Scientific Bubblers - Glass Bongs - Bongs and Waterpipes - Smoking Pipes - Grasscity.com

I wanna buy a precooler so it filters my smoke more and keeps the piece clean I was wondering if this preccooler would work with it:

Black Leaf - Inline Perc Precooler with Adapter - Green or Amber - Scientific Bubblers - Glass Bongs - Bongs and Waterpipes - Smoking Pipes - Grasscity.com

I'm not sure because the bubbler joint is straight up so I'm not sure if waters gonna be leaked or what? And if not can you recommend me a different ashcatcher? Thanks

2. fyi

the joint of the AC, to put the bowl in.. is 14/4.

the bowl of the 8 arm is 18/8.

3. Yeah but the ac has a 14 to 18mm adapter with it

4. want to keep your piece clean? Snag a carbon filter my man.

5. i mean that the bowl of the water pipe won't fit the AC. in case you don't have a 14/4 bowl.

and if you want to keep it clean, get a carbon filter :)

6. Don't get a carbon filter man. Just clean your pre-cooler after each use/day and your piece will stay pretty clean. Especially if you switch out the water regularly on your bong as well. I think those carbon filters are gimmicky. Someone shed some light on the subject maybe you can persuade me otherwise.

7. That ash catcher would fit into the bubbler, but it wouldnt work how you want it too. The bowl coming out of the ash catcher will be at a really slanted angle to the point where if your buds arnt packed in tight they will fall out, that would suck. The perc would also be tilted at a angle it wasnt made to be hit at so it prolly wont fire properly. Your going to want a the weedstar 4 way a/c, they sell it here on GC and it can stack right on top of that bub like this:

[​IMG]

8. Not gimmicky. I think a/c are dumb as shit. It adds volume to the piece, big deal. The carbon piece i just had made added the tiniest of drag to my sg stemline and its way smoother than any piece ive hit with an ash catcher and it keeps my peice pretty much spotless and the smoke is cleaner too

9. one of the couple things that the active carbon removes is the element that makes the smoke leave yellowish-stuff behind. and it stops the ash...