Does this plant need food?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Planted, Mar 12, 2009.

1. I decided to try something.

To grow 1 jack herer seed without no nutes at all and see what happens.

I grew the plant from seed in a 1 gallon pot for 3 weeks almost 4 now under 150 or so actual watts of daylight cfls.Very nice and fast growth , very bushy oh and the dirt is just regular dirt with out nutes and i mixed 50% perlite.
    Up until a few days past week 3 the first 2 true leaves got a little yellow.
    I dont know exactly why but at this point i would add nutes but i didnt .
    2 days later the yellowing has crawled up to the second leaf set and the 1st leaf set has now dropped.Growth is also slowed. temps are 78-82 humidity is 50-60% i didnt ph , i am watering with distilled water every 3-5 days.
    I dont have any pics sadly because my new phone is defective.
    Does this sound like the plant need food? or possibly something else.I also have other plants around in the same grow area that are doing nicely on fox farm trio.

ty gc

2. yep, sounds like a nitrogen deficiency and that's what all the signs point to. get that girl some food :)

3. When the early growth yellows and dies your plant is moving the nitrogen it has around to create new growth. It's telling you it needs nitrogen!!! So I agree with xshadowshooter. Find some nutes to give it, high in N and low in P and K. Also you are going to want to test your runoff water pH sooner or later. Preferably sooner before you get into real trouble. Without the right pH your plant won't be able to absorb the nutes it already craves.

4. ahh thanks for the nice explanation.
    Ya im gonna give it some nutes now.
    I have some grow big and big bloom for it, i really just wanted to see what happens and how long before nutes are needed since they cost so much and i was just curious.
    So i see , Yes nutes are needed and my plant started yellowing at 24 days of age.