Does this only bother me?

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Mr Lizard, Aug 18, 2010.

1. I apologize if this has been brought up before, but am I the only one that gets sincerely upset and defensive when people only look at Bob Marley as "King pot-smoker" and only bring his name up in the same sentence as marijuana? I, personally think he was a genius and a man lost far to soon. And with songs like "Redemption Song" and "Is This Love," both songs with pretty clear meaning, how could someone only associate him with weed and only weed?

2. Yeah, I know what you mean, and it's always sad was an icon dies too soon. Though, this routine by Stanhope makes me laugh whenever I think of artists dying: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWvFzqkhl8Y]YouTube - Doug Stanhope Died Right On Time[/ame]

3. I hear ya. Just like when people obsess over the rasta colors and most likely have no idea what rastafarianism even is... besides the fact that they smoke a lot of weed.

4. ignorance pisses me off.

5. Because they don't know any better and are just hopping on that trend..

Someone like that shouldn't bother you though, there are always gonna be people like that.. so theres no need to get worked up...

At least you know what he was about so just educated, smoke, and chill...:smoke:

6. Beat me to it.

7. Lol, Great minds..

8. Fo.Sho.