Does this mean I'm a drug addict?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by meowtoyou, Apr 28, 2012.

1. Well I got arrested in January, and in the past week I've stopped doing all drugs because may 9th I go to court and get drug tested. I'm going to be put on probation for 18 months.

Anyway, the past 4 nights I've had dreams that involve drugs. The first night, I had a dream that I was chillin with a guy I never met at his house, and he said he had to go. He had like every kind of drug stocked up on shelves. So when he left, I just pocketed a bunch and dipped. The past few nights in my dreams I would pop a pill and then smoke and I actually felt like I was high as hell in my dream. It was really vivid.

When I stop doing drugs, I don't get withdrawals or anything, so I don't know. Maybe I'm mentally addicted? I just want to know why I keep dreaming about drugs and I actually feel like I'm high in them.

2. Find something else to keep your mind of drugs, work out or play video games.

3. maybe you just really really like weed.
    i remember the first time i toked up, all i thought about was weed for a month or so. it's not an psychological "addiction", per se, more a mental one.

4. That's interesting, you typically incorporate things you saw or thought about during the day when you dream. I dream about skiing from mid summer to the beginning of the season, nearly every night, since I'm so used to skiing daily. Am I addicted to skiing?

5. you must really dislike step fathers lol

6. No...it means your going to jail

you should have stopped doing drugs in January

7. Dude i have those dreams all the time its so fucking realistic.. Every time in my dream I was trying to do said substance and it always falls on the floor for some reason and I lose it all.. always wake up pissed as fuck when that happens lol but it usually just ruins my day ..

8. Dude, I know exactly what you're talking about. When I was in treatment years back I had them often. Theyre almost more vivid if not more than any other form of dream I've ever had. I'm sure there's a technical term for these types of dreams but we just called them "using dreams." When he or she stops using drugs of any form after using for awhile they will generally get these dreams. Freakishly real bro,
    peace,
    -Matt

9. That kinda thing happens to me. I only dream about weed when I haven't been smoking, though. I dunno why. I don't think it means you're addicted, I think your brain just naturally thinks about whatever it wants, and if it happens to think about drugs then that's what happens. I don't buy into Freud's psychoanalysis and the interpretation of dreams.

///M

10. that's pretty normal when you first go sober. when you get withdrawals from quitting, that's when you are addicted.

11. Lmfao, dude psychology is mental

12. No bu it means you were born to smoke weed

13. I had a dream where I smoked a joint...and this was years before I started smoking. Dreams are odd manifestations of your thoughts and life.

14. Sounds like it. I was going to say No but just from my experience of being a weed abuser. Sounds like your problems go deeper than mary-jane. Just resist everything. It's all a message from the devil trying to bring you back to these damaging drugs. Keep away. Any man can be corrupted with enough outside bad influence.

15. No, not addicted. It's what you're thinking about, and always in the back of your mind, so naturally what you're going to dream about.

16. haha same man, drugs are in my dreams alot and I feel them in them too. I guess it is a sign of addiction, 18 months of probation would kill me

17. I feel you on this. I've been dealing with a habit as of late as well and it's hard to kick. I don't wanna be doing it but I keep doing it...it's so hard to fight.

Goodluck

18. I've noticed that when I stop smoking weed after smoking heavily for awhile I have some pretty vivid dreams for the first few nights afterwards. I don't really dream as much when I'm smoking heavily so they just seem so vivid because I'm not used to them.

I'll also crave weed alot for the first couple of weeks. Its not really a strong feeling, I just think about getting high alot, or how much I would like to be smoking right now.

19. man i've had dreams where i found like whole bottles of pills, ate some in my dream and was high in my dream..im talkin higher than real life..

I use weed to keep me off pills and shit and sometimes it seems hopeless.
    I used to do weed exclusively, nothing else. Then i started on pills. Then i realized they were bad for me in the long run and i should quit..

Now im an alcoholic/pothead..it replaces pharms good enough, i just wish i could be drunk and high alll the time..when im sober i feel...less than normal

20. Sometimes I'll sabotage myself to not be able to buy just to prove to myself I can go without it. When I do have it I'm smoking. I try to go by my once a day rule but that hasn't worked out yet. I'm staying sober for a month or so. Just going to try to focus on other things.