Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Does this make my weed less potent?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by TakeAHit04, Feb 15, 2014.

WHY :confused: ? WHY do you feel the NEED to do this  :poke: .

Do you have a humidity-meter (hygrometer?). Opening the jar exposes it to air …"let's it air out". In the closed jar it sort of has it's own environment. For long term storage keep the MASON JAR 70-80% filled, and leave it the MOFRMNFERIFNREI alone! Keep a smaller jar with a weeks or two weeks supply that you can easily access.

2. I'm

Right?  This thread is making my eyeballs bleed.  You never need to let buds" air out"....and re-moisten??? [​IMG]

3. Okay here we go:

Keeping the buds in a jar prevents the buds from drying out because it is a sealed environment when you open the jar you allow the moisture in the buds to escape into the air and drift away, which will eventually dry them up.

Doing this in the night makes little difference. No matter the temperature there will always be some moisture escaping because of dispersion forces, atmospheric pressure, etc. This is the principle that allows for qwiso to be made. The boiling point of isopropyl alcohol isn't particularly low, however the intermolecular forces are quite weak, which allows for the evaporation to take place. The same thing happens to water, however a good deal slower.

Plus leaving your buds on your windowsill is just begging for fucking crows and squirrels to come and steal your dank nuggets. Don't even get me started on fucking raccoons and owls either.

4. clearly no one read the original post

re- moistening weed sounds like u need to get sticky-er product

tell em snoop "some of that real sticky-icky-icky" :bongin:

5. raccoons and owls :eek: i need to protect my stash

6. Apparently they like to get good and faded too!

The sticky stanky, Man I have some scissors that don't want to open anymore. They need cleaned before any trimming is done with them.

8. Theres already moisture in your buds and it makes the container its own humid atmosphere in a sense. Opening the container and letting it air out would only let out the humidity in your container, unless you live somewhere with really high humidity levels but even then I dont see this being nescesarry as you say you go threw it in a week.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. #30 TakeAHit04, Feb 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2014
    Alright I'll check those out. I've never heard of them before.
    Again it's not about being moist. It's about losing its potency.

10. Oxygen and uv light degrade thc I think ? So yes it could be decreasing your potency

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

That's why I don't like to get bud from anyone anymore….. who know what your nug goes through from grower to person to person. Why would you make your product "wet" (as that is what moisture is) to make it "stickier"?? Unless you are some careless dealer trying to make their product heavier, in which are you should not be dealing.

My sticky-icky comes sticky-icky.  :smoke:

@snoopdog6502 I feel you on your no longer functioning scissors  :laughing: .

12. From OP's responses, I still think he does not understand what we're trying to tell him.  :confused:   Yes OP doing you special dry out/re-moisten technique will degrade the potency.  Just stop opening up your damn containers!

13. yes

growers dry and cure it to near perfection and you fuck it up because you are clueless and dont listen.

Fuck your shit up, dont listen. Its not losing potency stored in a bottle or jar.

14. I'm just trying to figure out if what I am doing is making my buds less potent or not. My window has a screen, it's not just an open window, it has a screen so I'm not worried about anyone taking my buds. Btw owls take your bud too?? Damn everything wants to get high now a days. 

Nice, I'll check those out. 

Ok so should I even air it out at all then when I pick up? 

Ok that's what I wanted to know. I know light does, but I didn't think oxygen with humidity in the air, would make it less. 

Ok cause everyone knows who their dealer is and everyone trusts their dealer to make their buds dry and be perfect to sell right? I didn't know dealers were that nice and make their buds to perfection before they sell, thanks for clearing that up. And I'm the clueless one?  :confused:

15. #36 TakeAHit04, Feb 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2014
    And to those who say to pick up stickier weed, I already got that sticky icky. 

[​IMG]
    \n[​IMG]
    \n[​IMG]

16. yes you are clueless, Iv thrown more pot away then you have see.

17. What does that have to do with anything? Man growers are dicks sometimes, thinking that just because they might not fuck over their customers, they think every grower is the same. And it's not just about the growers, dealers could also fuck with your shit. Sorry to hear your throwing bud away, nice to know you can actually throw bud away. 

18. Opening the jar is just drying it out more. If you like your buds not dry, then get some Boveda humidipaks or just put some orange peel in the container whenever it feels too dry.

19. i was just saying that different bud stays sticky and some dry to crumbly