Does this look weird

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by april$howers, Aug 14, 2017.

1. Hi, first time grower here. Just wondering if these lower leaves look like the plant is having problems... they seem kinda twisty and have very light brown spots. I'm giving it a pretty low strength of GH flora trio nutes + cal/mag in pH'd water every day. Growing in coco and perlite under 450w LED. All opinions welcome!! IMG_0799.JPG IMG_0801.JPG

2. What's "low strength"

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

3. Quarter strength twice a day since it dries out so fast. I was also going to transplant it pretty soon since it'll be getting too big for the solo cup soon

• Like Like x 1
  4. I've seen some people give it no nutes for the first few weeks then to VERY low doses. And gradually up the doses. I think try just ph'd water the next day or two then start return to even lower doses.
    But.. I'm relatively new to growing.
    I'm sure a growing guru will chime in anytime now. [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  5. Oh god I hope so lol. I am way too new to pinpoint this type of stuff

• Like Like x 2
  6. Take a picture under normal light. We will get a better view of actual leaf color. Right now I'd say it looks a little dark. If so too much nitrogen/feeding. Can't tell under grow lights though.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Two feedings a day. Once in morning once in evening. I've been giving it nutes because it wasn't growing at all in the coco. Started growing again when I started feeding

• Like Like x 1
  8. Anyone else use GH nutrients and coco that can help out????

• Like Like x 2
  9. I'm not a hydro or coco grower as you know April, but it kinda looks like it may be ph related, what's your runoff ph?

First grow using cfls.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Seems normal around 6.5

11. Another who uses coco would know better but I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be lower than that in coco/hydro.

First grow using cfls.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Definitely going to look into it more tomorrow but you're probably right. Hi again marc!!

13. Hi again

First grow using cfls.

14. #19 Dougsmith420, Aug 14, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
    Coco and hydro 5.8- 6.0 veg
    Flowering come up to 6.3 for better phos uptake. In the one pic I see white spots on the leaves which looks like beginning stages of mold. Careful with your humidity and misting. Also your stems are too purple usually a sign of oncoming lockout or to much nutes. You definitely want to backoff and go easy 1/4 strength max since its a baby with just 2.5 ml cal mag and 5 ml max grow. Slow and steady early then slowly up nutes. Also keep in mind roor zone is everything. You want a root zone of no more then 75 degrees so add 7 degrees and your grow room temp should be approx 82. The higher your room temp the less nutes it needs since plant metabolism will eat at a higher rate. With that in mind remember more growth equals more salts. I run my plants 82 veg and 75-78 flowering under led. Hope this info helps.

15. Hey thanks for all of this awesome info. I will fix my temp and pH for sure and reconfigure the nute situation. Is feeding them twice a day ok? It seems to dry out quickly. And do you think I should transplant them to their 2 gal pots??