does this look right?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Zeolite, Jul 8, 2013.

1. #1 Zeolite, Jul 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2013
    hi guys first post here but long time follower.
    so I've atached some pics of my baby only 2 days old at this point. those little white things I have not seen before. does anyone know if this is normal?
    edit: mobile auto correct is irritating.

thanks in advance. wellmonster 20130705_181105-38515007.jpg 20130705_07103981164689.jpg

2. Looks a little strange to me, but I've seen more weird than that.   I bet everything will work itself out after a week or two of growing, assuming you're giving her what she needs.

3. cheers mate, I should be right in that department. Im interested to see ehat happens, its a no name mystery purple strain. time will tell I supose

4. they are very difficult to photigraph... sigh. they appear to be quite translucent. I would have thought it to early for pre-flower type thinggys. I should also mention im going 12/12 from seed as I have space issues and also just to see what happens, I've another beside it same age about the same size but without the white things.

5. anyone know exactly what they are?

6. update now a day later 20130709_071916-689372125.jpg

7. I had the same thing happen to one of my seedlings. It seems like a pistol lol and mine smelled like skunk too.

8. quick update, no noticeable changes to the are in question.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. make a grow journal about that plant. I am sure in the future people will come across this type of phenomenon. Im really intrigued on the outcome.  :eek:

10. I just might lol I've gotta finish the cabinet for her first. sigh.. time and money.

11. If you are on 12-12 from seed, it could be an odd eraly form of pre-flower.

Always Always get your space built and tested before planting.

Good luck man.

12. hehe yea shoulda coulda woulda, but didn't. It should be fine I only really need it for odor control, I've been grinding up carbon for a while now. btw do cfl's put out much heat? I'm considering adding a few just for the heck of it.

will have new pics hopefully in a few hours. if I dont fall asleep b4 they wake up.

peace.

13. heres the latest and greatest.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

14. #17 wyzard, Jul 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2013

They are known as embryonic leaves and most plants have them. Their purpose is to form an extremely simple cellular structure that can begin photosynthesis and thus power the growth of the rest of the plant. Most every has embryonic leaves that look similar to this. 

Yes it's normal. Relax and be happy. (this is my 300th post, hope it was helpful.)

15. thank you very much. After searching the interwebs for weeks I've got an answer. thanks again