Does this look ok?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by tyroncurtis42, Jul 9, 2017.

1. First grow.

Using:

Medium " special mix light - soiless "
    Lighting " 400 watt mh "
    Seeds " 1 x WW & 1 x Afghani regular "
    Temps " 29 degrees Celsius "
    Humidity " 40% "
    Water " PH 6.5 "

Hi all, first time grower here. Go easy on me lol. I'd really appreciate it if someone could guid me on my way with my first grow? I have taken 2 photos of what the plant looks like at the moment ( 5 days from sprouting ) but seems pretty stretched, don't you think?

Originally I planted 3 seeds, but I'm assuming the other 2 have died, nothing have come through! Sad times!

Light is 20 inches above the plants. Is this correct? Or should I put the light closer to them?

Cheers guys
    Much appreciated.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. A good rule of thumb is to put your hand under the light just above the plant. If it's too hot for your hand, it's too hot for the plant. But you could probably lower the light a little. They look a little stretched, but not too bad. If you want, you could bury the stem up to the cotyledon.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Can you explain what this is?

4. I've tried that. I don't feel any heat, but that could be down to the fact that I have a fan blowing in between the light and top of the plant. That's actually a good idea, I think I'm going to bury it a little!

5. That's what I'm growing in. It's called Special Mix Light

6. Shes a little stretched but like after shot stated not too bad, you could add more soil up to the bottom of your leaves or somewhere inbetween i like to have my fans wiggling the seedlings just a little it causes them to strengthen the stems strong main stem is always a good thing... judging by the shawdow you leaves are causing id say your mh is a little high, i still use the hand/heat as a way to set my lights...

7. I know it's what you are growing in - I meant what is it made of? I looked it up and it's peat moss. According to the feeding schedule your pH should be 5.8 not 6.5 - which is consistent with soilless mediums. Good luck with your grow.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Oh shit, lol. How do I get my ph down? I'll have a look later at what's in there altogether and let you know.

9. You can use white vinegar to lower your ph. If you need to raise it, you can use baking soda. You probably already have this stuff in the house. Unless, you want to spend more $$$ to get ph up and ph down.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk