Does this look like light burn?

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by KaiBR, Feb 10, 2020.

1. I have some small plants waiting to go into the tent, but the current crop is still finishing it's flowering. I recently changed the light in this cabinet from a couple CFLs to a 200w LED, and I noticed that the uppermost leaves are starting to have a different texture and very faint yellowing between the veins. That led panel is around 12 in from the tops of the plant.

Thanks 20200210_081414.jpg 20200210_081409.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Quantum Board? Are you able to dim the light? I got myself a lux meter and learned that, even at recommended distances, QBs usually put out more light on full blast than veging plants like. [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Thanks for responding. Yes, it is a QB and unfortunately, it doesn't dim. I had the board waiting to go into another tent, so I figured I'd use it in the clone/seedling cabinet in the mean time. I took it out today assuming the light was too strong. Up until a few months ago, all my experience has been with CFLs which are extremely forgiving. The QB doesn't produce any heat, so I thought things would be fine at that distance.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. What fixture are you using my friend ?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

5. Looks more like a zinc deficiency to me.

Also, you can get a lux meter app for your phone that will measure the lux with your camera. It's not the most accurate thing but it'll give you a ballpark on how much light your canopy is getting.

6. overwatering.