Does this look like a good rig?

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by tclit, Dec 9, 2012.

1. Hi all,

I'm looking into getting a dabbing rig. I don't want to spend too much though, so I've been looking around on eBay and Amazon.

I found this one:
    Titanium Nail 14mm to 18mm Curved Adapter Globe Dome Dabber Oil Spoon | eBay

I was wondering what you guys think of it. Do you think the nail is good enough quality? I heard if a nail is shitty quality it can be bad for you, and/or taste bad.

I wouldn't be dabbing very often at all, it would just be nice to have. So durability isn't that much of an issue here.

Also, I heard it's bad (less effective) to dab out of larger bongs. I have a 12" bong with a 5 arm tree perc, would that be OK to use for dabbing?

2. Well its hard to say for sure but chances are that nail is very low quality. 32$ for an adapter and Ti nail is really cheap. Since you say you wont use it much i suggest you find another adapter(that one looks a little janky, but im sure it would function just fine.) And just buy a glass or quartz nail instead. If you're cautious a glass nail will last a decent amount of time.(i've had them last 2+ months with heavy daily use, but they can break much quicker if your not careful)
    And honestly your bong will be just fine if you dont dab a lot. Its not an ideal oil rig, but it will work fine and the size is fairly small and diffusion pretty minimal. Just fill your water levels a little lower than you do for flowers and it should maintin flavor decently.

3. Never seen a Ti dome, I would just go with either a glass dome/nail or a Ti swing.

4. Get this one over the one off Ebay. I had this exact adapter\dome combo for my first oil rig.

Cons of low quality nails= health problems.

5. Low quality titanium can have trace amounts of other volatile metals that create fumes. I'd stick to highly educated. I got a vapor curve for 20 and got a highly educated skillet grade 2 Ti on Aqua labs technologies for 23. And it was guaranteed