Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Does this look like 5 grams of purp?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by IAmHigh420, Jan 23, 2014.

1. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1390436405.130775.jpg "If it aint loud my niggga then dont pass that shit"

2. thats definitely 5g
    looks awesome man have fun with it  :smoke:

3. [quote name="Mr Moose" post="19388365" timestamp="1390436475"]thats definitely 5glooks awesome man have fun with it :smoke:[/quote]Thanks bro! appreciate the feedback new to grass citu! "If it aint loud my niggga then dont pass that shit"

4. Welcome to GC you'll love it here :)

5. thats like 20 dollars worth to me. so i would say like 3gs but really you need a scale. 

6. #6 cothrantyson, Jan 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2014
    I don't know man, let me put on my purp detection glasses
    [​IMG]

7. looks like 5gs to me. looks good as hell too man. enjoy

8. #8 IAmHigh420, Jan 23, 2014
    [quote name="Jo4y20" post="19388440" timestamp="1390437141"]looks like 5gs to me. looks good as hell too man. enjoy[/quote]Thanks mannn! my dealer always hooks me up with the best. "If it aint loud my niggga then dont pass that shit"

9. id love a bowl or 2 of that shit right now. been dry for a few days and dont get my paycheck til friday. 

10. [quote name="Jo4y20" post="19388466" timestamp="1390437454"]id love a bowl or 2 of that shit right now. been dry for a few days and dont get my paycheck til friday. [/quote]come on over my man! im about to go get roastteddd off of 2 fat blunts my nigga "If it aint loud my niggga then dont pass that shit"

11. good way to tell is put it in a baggy. it should be about 3 inches up and fill solid the entire bottom up to the 3 inches if its 5 grams. i doubt that he weighed it out or if he did then he should have shown you. my dealer weighs it in front of me but i think its rude to peer over and check. 

12. or cover the entire palm of your hand and the first parts of your fingers and it should go to that second connecting thing in your fingers. i never sold weed but if i did i didnt have a scale at the time and i would have used many different hand measurements to figure out what to give people. hypothetically or whatever :p

13. when i buy off this one dude he weighs it in front of me too. i def want to invest in a scale though in case of being ripped off

14. Yea looks good Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

It's not that easy, man. Weed density varies way too much to judge the weight by how much it fills a baggie. 

16. if youre being ripped off youll know. if its really worth dumping the dealer over anyways. its not really worth the 15 dollars unless you have extra money lying around. i really want one because i like weighing out how much i smoke or smoking then weighing the rest to see how much i did smoke. its fun lol

Dude in another thread just got one for $5 on ebay. 

You won't necessarily know if you're getting ripped... fluffy weed can look like a lot more weight than it is. Even if say you're getting shorted half a gram each time, that adds up to an entire eighth in only 7 bags. 

18. yes im aware but if bud is dramatically heavier than some other bud it probably hasnt been cured all the way. you can tell the natural density of the bud when you try to break a nug. and how well cured it is. i hypothetically sold with just measurements like this and for the most part i got them right. i actually found that the more 'dense' stuff actually isnt dramatically more dense than even very very fluffy buds. as long as theyre solid buds theyre going to be almost the same. put 2 nugs the same size and i doubt they would vary by anything more than .2 if theyve been dried to the same level

19. #19 Jingo Dookstain, Jan 23, 2014

Where are you that 1gram costs $6.60?...

Edit: Assuming your mental scaling is correct (which I don't think it is).

Going to have to disagree. 

I've had some really dense buds and some really fluffy nugs that were all cured/dried correctly but would have had very different weights if you tried to pick out two nugs of the same size. 

Just look at this, for instance

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If you and your buyers felt comfortable with you just eyeballing then that's your business, but I would never buy from someone who did that and I don't think it's good advice to give someone who's trying to figure out what their sack weighs.