Does this have any chance of working?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by calikevin87, Jan 6, 2009.

1. Found this easy setup on Instructables, just wondering what everyone around here thinks of the possibilities. This is my first time trying to grow anything, so I'm not going all out with the lighting and ventilation systems. I really just want to know if this is sufficient for planting and sprouting:

[​IMG]

It's a two liter bottle cut in half with a rag feeding water all the way to the top of the soil. Any thoughts?

2. lol this would be for probably baby plants not full grown because bigger root system make bigger buds. that's cool and everything but it just kind of small.

3. never a good idea to wick-up water for your plants. let gravity do the work, your roots will get more air that way.

4. You mean if it ever does indeed sprout? Do you think they have any chance of sprouting this way, or is it just not a good idea? And how long would it take for a sprout to appear if successful?

Thanks again.

5. it would probably sprout. but later you'd probably have problems. when you water from the top, you'll end up with some run-off, which helps wash out the build-up of nutes in the medium.

6. It'll sprout as long as your wick system(?) keeps the soil moist, I think that soon after that your going to have over watering issues... that's why people don't use those little Auto Feeder Globe things you can get at Wal-Mart next to the registers.