Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Does this happen to you?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Eddie0796, Jan 2, 2015.

1. I smoke weed and tobacco and whenever I smoke weed I don't really smoke cigs I get the craving to smoke then I get distracted and forget about smokin a cigerette lol I'm not complaining tho I'm cuttin down on smokin cogs does this happen to?

2. I also smoke both and I find that when im high i never crave tobacco.Weed has deffinitly helped me cut waaay back on cigs.

3. After a big bong session I usually like to smoke a cig, it gives you a good buzz I feel.  I normally can't finish it though...

4. i have always found that weed overpowers nicotine, but nicotine still feels gooooooood with weed, maybe even better but in a waaaaay different way.... mmmmmm..... im gonna go smoke a cigarette 

5. Yh, I had that to, when I was a heavy joint (with baccy) smoker, I seemed to completely stop smoking cigarettes, as there seemed to be enough baccy in the joints I smoked to keep me away from cigs.

However little fact, when you smoke joints(with baccy) and you get the "urge" to smoke another joint, its actually the tobacco that your body craves not the weed. Your mind associates the need for tobacco with the joint you smoke, making you think you want weed. Thats why many chronic smokers when they stop smoking joints, they smoke a lot of cigs. In my case going cold turkey from weed as a chronic 12 joint a day smoker, made me switch to about 15+ cigs a day... Till I figured my life out ^^

6. I ony use tobacco to mix with joints if I want to smoke in public or add it to bong hits with friends to avoid smoking all the weed too fast and to get the head rush. I sometimes smoke cigars with friends as a social thing. Anyway, I can't say I've ever craved tobacco and I don't really understand nicotine addiction, but I get that it happens. If you feel like you're craving it, just lay off it before it gets worse I guess. Bud is a great substitute for cigs hahaha.

7. Interesting replies. Smokin grass always made me enjoy cigs more than normal. Hieghtened taste perception? Actually makes me smoke cigs more between weed smokes.