Does this happen to anyone else in their dreams?

Discussion in 'General' started by Da Mac Train, Nov 12, 2012.

1. When I have a dream and I get into a fight, every time I go to punch someone my punches have no power at all.

It's like the initial swing should be hard, byt im punching through sand haha

Anyone else experience this?

:bongin:Happy Sunday!

2. It's like trying to fight underwater, aha happens to me everytime I have a dream where I fight lol not alot though :smoke:

[​IMG]

3. I'm not alone haha yay! But ya it's crazy, my arms are like lead in dreams lol

4. It's strange, there has to be a reason for it if a lot of people experience it

5. I've had dreams I was being chased and it was like I was running through water and I kept falling down and can't get away. Can't remember ever getting in a fight in a dream though.

6. ya, i thought i was the only one this happened to, it feels like im hitting my hardest and it doesn't effect my opponent. Then it kinda scares me in my dream, lol. cool to know it happens to other too though

7. LOL! Yeah! All the fucking time. I always feel super weak and miss my punches and shit.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using GC Forum

8. [quote name='"DreamAwake"']I've had dreams I was being chased and it was like I was running through water and I kept falling down and can't get away. Can't remember ever getting in a fight in a dream though.[/quote]

The running/walking thing happens to me too sometimes its weird. I'll be walking and my legs will feel like 500 pounds each, and I always have to sit and stuff and just can't walk, super hard to describe

9. man i thought i was the only one this happened to until i read someone else a while back on here said they experience the same thing..

its crazy. i always have dreams im fightin some random person and my punches just dont 'pack a punch'.. its like im punchin through water..

i wonder why this happens

10. I know, I just want to destroy them but I can never do it

11. All the time this shit happens.

I, however, have an explanation.

I looked this up ages ago, and appaaaaaaaarently, it's because your body is put in coma mode when you sleep, and your brain knows that you're not gonna be moving your arms for shit. Often supported by the fact that your arms are weighed down by a duvet or trapped beneath your body.

Therefore your mind thinks your swinging for someone, but can't register your arms actually moving and therefore can't register the impact properly, so your brain just gets all confused and you just end up looking like a DICK in front of those dream enemies of yours.

12. Try swimming in your dreams. It's actually quiet the opposite of not being able. When I swim in my dreams I pretty much glide above water at extreme speeds. It's fucking dope!

13. [quote name='"fluffykush"']Try swimming in your dreams. It's actually quiet the opposite of not being able. When I swim in my dreams I pretty much glide above water at extreme speeds. It's fucking dope![/quote]

Do you lucid dream?

14. I do from time to time

15. When I was a kid, I would have nightmares a lot where I'd be stuck in the middle of the road with a car oncoming, and as hard as I'd try to move my body it was like I was stuck in quicksand and just sloooooooowly fought to get away until the moment finally hit and then I'd wake up in a panic..

Really similar to what you're talking about.. I'm sure the fighting thing's happened but weirdly enough I can't remember the last time I was fighting in my dreams.

16. Happens to me every time I have a dream where I'm fighting, I hate it. I usually wake up after I throw the punch because I know I'm gonna get my ass kicked haha.

17. I have had dreams where I run hella slow and I am like... fawk I can move my fat ass faster than this.

*cries*

18. [quote name='"KillerKush"']I have had dreams where I run hella slow and I am like... fawk I can move my fat ass faster than this.

*cries*[/quote]

i used to have those almost every night. its because you feel stuck in life. once i got a full time job they stopped.

19. It was when I was in high school and I got into every college I applied to actually... haha

20. its trying to how u somthing bro