Does this come off too pretentious?

Discussion in 'The Artist's Corner' started by LTSold, Jan 27, 2018.

1. In sales, I would be anybody people wanted me to be in order to make the sale.

I'm not saying I'm any less fucked up than anyone else. What I'm saying is I've started on sort of a solid rock for the critiques and I don't believe I would enjoy doing them if I wasn't completely honest. It is still fueled by greed. It's fueled by myself enjoying the process, but that's only because I am honest and say whatever I wanted to. I know for a fact in the present I couldn't lie, because therefore I would have to stick with that lie until the very end.

I believe people panic in politics because they have to be consistent all of the time, because the moment they slip up or change their perspective and opinion, BAM they're fucked. I'll go savage as I want, because I do not care about the consequences for these, because I started them with ground rules and a passion for them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. And with my last comment, there's no going back from that, because that's the raw and honest disgusting truth.

3. What you write here was very observable during the run-up and the course of the American election late 2015/2016. A lot of people were making very aggressive, forceful, judgmental and hateful suppositions about those who disagreed with their ideologies.
    Some of those foundations have been knocked down, and those people remain with much less credibilty than they had before. It's a terrible idea, no matter what the topic, to speak confidently about something you haven't studied thoroughly.

So, as said, your Socrates-esque approach of 'the only thing I know is that I don't know much yet' will pay dividends over time.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. There's this hilarious interview with Eminem talking about Trump. Eminem's like, "I get so flustered and can't really think straight when I think about Trump. I hate him so much." I think most people just got really flustered and incoherent lmao.

And thank you for the compliments. It really does mean a lot.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. The question begs the answer ;)

• Like Like x 1
  6. I feel somehow reminded of the movie Inception. A world, within a world, within a world. A comment about a comment, about a comment. Either could go on to infinity.

7. Well, it replaces words like said, told, and asked with comment.

8. I think it's easier to read if you don't think about it as going deeper, but look as it more of a back and forth conversation.

9. how can it be a conversation when its one sided?
    this is more like a sermon.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Not a conversation, but not going deeper and deeper. Lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. #31 LTSold, Apr 8, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
    Something I wrote back in 2012 that reminds me of the comment paragraph just in the fact that it focuses on primarily one word.

The History of Examples

Examples have been used for as long as humans have been around. Examples are how rappers rap, writers write, and talkers talk. People use examples for all kinds of things, for example, to teach, to tell a story, to be creative, and even to pick up women. If Dude A was talking bad about Dude B, Dude A could provide a clever example to talk bad about Dude B, for example Dude A says, “ Dude B is such a pansy, he should just go back to X, Y, and Z.” Examples are used in our everyday lives and will not stop until we cease to exist.

Without examples music would be bland and boring. Music with lyrics is about 85 percent examples; for example, her love makes my heart grow bigger than a beanstalk; “I am hotter than a dwarf planet, and I am a mystery like unidentified flying objects.” Literally every song with lyrics has examples to them. Metaphors, one example of examples, are the most common literal device used in songs; for example, “I go ham like Rambo, I am colder than dry ice, or life is a gamble so roll the dice.” It doesn’t matter if someone is black, white, or yellow, examples will be used if he or she make lyrics to songs.

Many intelligent people use examples to make themselves sound smart; for example, he has an exquisite architect like William Shakespeare once said, “It is not in the stars to hold our destiny, but in ourselves.” Smart people use examples because if they use examples all of the time, it makes it sound like they know everything. People who teach rocket science could use formulas their students already know to teach a new similar, but different formula. If someone was teaching astronomy and wanted to talk about one of Jupiter’s moons, they could use an example of our moon to help describe one of Jupiter’s. Smart people probably use the most examples out of anybody, because they are smart and they know a lot of examples.

People use someone’s looks for examples also, for example; doesn’t Harry look a little like Pee Wee Herman? This could be degrading to some people or a good thing. It would be degrading if someone said, “Hey dude your girlfriend looks like George Costanza off of Seinfeld.” It would be a good thing if someone said, “Hey man, your girlfriend has the body shape of JWOW off Jersey Shore.” No matter how unique someone is, he or she will still look like someone out there.

Examples are used every day by every person on Earth. It can be used in music, science, describing people, or love. No matter how much someone says he or she doesn’t use examples, they do. Some people get beat up for using examples, and some people get praised for doing it. If there never were any examples, music and life would be very dull and boring, for example;” I like cake, because it tastes good.” With examples, life can be colorful and fun, for example;” I like cake because it tastes good like heaven with icing.”