Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Does The Towel Under The Door Work?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by TheStewie, Jul 2, 2014.

1. i feel like smoking soon, but i usually wait until my parents go to sleep (usually around 2am). Its 7:45pm right now, so i was wondering, does the wet towel under the door actually work?

2. to an extent, yes. but if you stink up your room real bad the towel won't change much. if I were you I'd probably just wait until they go to sleep to smoke. 

3. youd be better off creating a negative air pressure in that room by putting a box fan in the window.  And then drawing air from inside the house under under your door, out window.  Caution you'll be letting the bought air out.

4. For smoke? Yes. For odor? Maybe. It may lessen the smell in another room but it will not completely repel the smell unless your door is 100% air tight which you won't achieve with just a towel.

5. No! Just sneak outside you have a WAY better chance of not being caught.

6. I've put towels up against the door from both the inside and outside, while blowing the smoke out of the window, and my roommates could still smell it, so I would take some extra precautions... Such as the box fan method ^ and a sploof or something.

7. It will work as intended, a second barrier between the floor and door gap.

It helps but it's not a solution.

However, spinning a damp bath towel in the air will eliminate most of the smoke. Won't really do anything for smell, if go with a sploof for that. Get one with an activated carbon filter

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. Personally i've found that a dry normal towel up against the bottom of the door works fine for smell and smoke, smoke rises anyway so its more the smell that the towels dealing with.

9. Yea a towel under the door will work perfectly...until you're done and take the towel out, all the smell will rush out. So if you plan on smoking in your room, do it before you go to sleep after your parents are asleep, otherwise they will find out

10. Guide to smoking in your room while your parents are at home:
    1. Wait until they are asleep.
    2. Crack the window only enough to fit your fist in.
    3. If you have a fan, point it towards the window.
    4. Light a candle so you don't constantly make lighter noises.
    5. Smoke only with pipes (use an apple if you don't have one). Joints release too much smoke and the bubbling of bongs may be too noisy.
    6. Put a coin over the bowl/conepiece of your pipe after every hit to stop it from releasing smoke.
    7. Everytime you exhale, cup your hands and blow directly out the window.
    8. Brush your teeth when you're done.
    9. Leave the window open for at least 2 hours. Don't spray perfume or deodorant because that can be potentially suspicious.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Idk about you but my smoke rises it doesn't go down under doors, I'm sure it helps a little but honestly I can tell you are young and you want to light up, but parents house parents rules, if you think it's worth the argument when you get caught then go for it, but if you don't want to get in trouble then just take yourself outside haha.

->I smoke weed<-

12. For all of those who say this is risky business, you're misinformed and clearly have either a) done it wrong, or b) are to paranoid to try.

It works.

Placing a towel at the base of your door is just the start though, to eliminate all possibilities of getting caught or having the smell/smoke venture through your home be sure to do the following:

1) Make a sploof; these are very easily made through getting a toilet paper roll (just the interior of the roll), and filling it with 3-5 dryer sheets. You blow through this each time you exhale.

2) Make sure to leave your window open as you're ultimately going to be exhaling your smoke through the sploof and out the window. 

3) Have cologne, body spray, or some sort of air freshener handy. You're going to want to be 100% certain that you mask any lingering smells so not to get caught. 

TL;DR Follow my steps and you won't have to worry about smelling up the place the next time you blaze inside. I've done it both at my parent's house and in my dorm room and have gotten away scot-free from it. 

13. You bet your sweet ass it does...combine that with febreeze before leaving the room and you're golden.

14. It helps a little, but you still have air ducts that's connected throughout the house so it wouldn't make it 100% non-odorous. Just go outside to smoke, say you're taking a walk or something. It's way less suspicious than your parents seeing a towel under the door because if they saw it they'd know something's up.

15. Try it OP and post your funny story about getting caught smoking weed in the house story!

16. a towel will cover the bottom portion of the door and thats it. smoke will seep out the rest of the door. doors arent air tight. so dont even try.

17. Make a sploof or buy a smoke buddy

Stay Lifted~

Yep, so gotta create the negative pressure to pull the smoke out of the room is seeping doors is a concern OP, by doing what another blade said above and placing a box fan or something similar into an open window and blowing out. If this is an issue, then you need to make a sploof and then seal the door the best you can. Sploof is EZ. Paper towel or toilet paper empty roll, fill with a few crumbled dryer sheets, then place a dryer sheet over one end and tape it sealed shut. Blow your smoke through the open end and out the sploof, preferrably out a window.

19. If I had to do all that, it would ruin my sesh.

Here is what you do:

1. Walk into your parents room with a joint.
    2. Say "wassup bitches? Wanna blaze a doob?"
    3. If they object, fire it up anyway and tell them to kiss your ass.

'nuff said.

• Like Like x 1