Does the thickness of your glass pipe matter?

Discussion in 'Smoking Pipes, Glass Spoon Pipes' started by YoooJess, Aug 13, 2012.

1. I don't get it ....thicker meaning less likely to break? Cheap glass vs expensive what's the point when they all do the same job ?

2. They might do the same job, but the difference is that one breaks when you drop it, and the other doesn't

3. you are constantly heating up the glass in a bowl.
    it is cooling down constantly as well.

therefore it is "wearing" down the glass.

thicker glass can hold up, where as cheap glass becomes weaker and weaker.

4. Lol people just aren't clutch an expensive piece can break just as easily smh

5. [quote name='"ckycampmember"']you are constantly heating up the glass in a bowl.
    it is cooling down constantly as well.

therefore it is "wearing" down the glass.

thicker glass can hold up, where as cheap glass becomes weaker and weaker.[/quote]

Weaker and weaker ? Are you going to melt the glass by smoking weed in it? WTF lol people just don't take care of their items

6. The thicker the pipe the bigger ur dick.

7. Less likely to break that's all. Same functionality but much better build quality.

8. There is something aesthetically pleasing about puffing out a chunky peice of glass that rips like a champ.

You either can relate or you can't.

9. as long as you get high as fuck who cares

10. yes the heating and cooling of glass does weaken it over long periods of time.

i have had my pieces for 5+ years because i take care of them and buy quality.

get the fuck out of here kid.

you are the one claiming you got "honeybadger kush"

:rolleyes:

11. Honey Badger don't care. Lol.

Thicker pieces are less likely to break when you do stupid shit like drop your bowl on the base or bink a table.

12. Smoking out of a thick glass pipe is soooo much better than a shitty thin one. Thick pipes don't get too hot, and are more fun to smoke out of. Plus, a lot of the nicer pipes are works of art. And as said above, they are less likely to break.

13. [quote name='"Ishum"']There is something aesthetically pleasing about puffing out a chunky peice of glass that rips like a champ.

You either can relate or you can't.[/quote]

I can

14. yes! i scrape res:cool:

15. To put it simply:

Why would you rather have a Mercedes-Benz or BMW over a broken down 1980s minivan?

They're nicer. Lol.

16. *How does a Glass Pipe work? They say no screen of metal mesh is required but then don't the kush therefore get lost in the bottom hole of bowl?
    Why don't smoke come out of the side airhole when I smoke from it?
    I guess does anyone know "how" the air is Circulated when the kush is Ignited and a strong counter Pressure (our Inhalation) occurs?

17. ^ LOL :) You are overthinking it man. Pack a tight bowl, put your finger over the carb and smoke that shit!

18. [quote name='"Enjoyable High"']*How does a Glass Pipe work? They say no screen of metal mesh is required but then don't the kush therefore get lost in the bottom hole of bowl?
    Why don't smoke come out of the side airhole when I smoke from it?
    I guess does anyone know "how" the air is Circulated when the kush is Ignited and a strong counter Pressure (our Inhalation) occurs? [/quote]

Am I really baked or does this post not make sense? Damn....

19. Basically, you're blocking the side hole, or carb, to restrict the airflow from the bowl straight into your mouth/lungs. Towards the end of the hit, you unblock the carb to rush fresh air into the pipe and push the rest of the air in the pipe into your lungs (all while inhaling).

20. they are less likely to break and usally hit nicer they also are made well and look better for display most of the time its kinda like a car sure get the cheep one it will break just like a pricy one but you know the one that cost more is usally going run better or longer and be better to look at