Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Does the SMELL of WEED determine the quality?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Joecudi, May 3, 2013.

1. I was just wondering about this if you have strong smelling weed does it mean its dank cause my friend had some bud and it smelled strong but didn't look like the best shit

2. smell can help but also be deceiving. only the smoke will tell. I've smoked real good mids that had no smell, and shitty dro that smelled amazing

3. Nope. I've gotten some shit that reeks, while still dank, that was not as good as buds that were less frosty and the Snell was less. Like the guy above me said, only smoking will let you know

4. True true cause he was like my shit smells so good it's the best Im wasn't sure if the smell does determine the quality

5. Nope, I picked up some dope the other day, smelled like shit, looked like shit, yet I got the craziest high ever. It was awesome

6. Haha nice dude

7. All depends on the genetics. I've had some dank looking and smelling bud that really didn't get me that high.

8. Sometimes, but not usually. The best way to tell without smoking it is to look. If you dont know what to look for, start hanging around the site and learning. You will learn if you hang around long enough.

9. If you got some stinky ass bud that you can smell without taking it out of your pocket, its going to be dank.

If your bud smells nice its going to be nice. Some bud can smell nicer than others and still be not as good or vice versa, but if its got a good smell, its good. I've had regs a bunch and they never really had much of a smell. Even mids the few times I had them weren't really all that smelly

10. i go by the trichomes.

11. smell can help but also be deceiving[​IMG]

12. All about the trichs that's why the clear to amber to foggy make such a difference in the high. Smell and taste usually go hand in hand tho and I thinking that's just as important. Some strains are just stronger smelling than others.

13. Smell can help you to know if it`s a good weed. In Brasil it`s always good to smell it before you buy because they sell really crap weed over there, and nobody wants to but weed with ammonia

14. No, but it does have something to do with determining the quality

The way it smokes plays a large role as well :smoke:

15. When I go to a dispensary I usually pick by smell first, then how it looks. In my experience, a great smelling bud will taste great and most likely be a good high as well

16. #16 aPersonUponaHill, May 3, 2013
    Last edited: May 3, 2013
    Well to add a little more to this, I can smell the difference, as can anyone who has been around enough weed can. The smell of mids and the smell of dank are entirely different. But yea on dank alone, I would just learn what to look for because when I go to pick-up that is the first thing I do is to look at it and see how things are going inside that bag.

For example, a few pickups ago I had some decent dank, nice smell, smoked okay, looked like your typical middle-of-the-road dank. Then I got some stuff that was super nice, complete visible tric coverage with no magnification, had a name I forgot; however, it did not have a strong smell at all. Learn to spot mold early, learn what is out of the ordinary in case you encounter bugs, and lastly learn what trichomes look like. And what truly good weed actually looks like. Then you will be ready to buy and smoke cannabis.

17. yeah not gonna lie smelling it is always my first step

18. Yea mine too sometimes just because I like my stuff to have a nice smell. Always a little disappointed when it doesnt, even if it looks super dank.

19. hell yah or I hate when the bud doesn't TASTE the same way it smells, as in when smoking it, like it can smell bomb and the taste of it when smoking is not so bomb

20. Yes, I been wanting to get away from using a Bic because I have noticed the taste difference when I use the lighter a lot on a hit or barely. But I dislike hempwick because it is hard to put out as you are trying to do all the other stuff you do after lighting a bong. So I guess I am about to become a dabber, it just seems like such a hassle and more dangerous than hempwick.