Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Does the MMJ card show up on a record?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Olive Juice, Jun 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1 Olive Juice, Jun 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2011
    The title sounds a little confusing so I'll elaborate,

I'm not sure if this question has been asked or not, but a friend of mine had an interesting question. At the moment, he's in university studying to be a pharmacist and wants to know if having a MMJ card affects his chances of getting a job as a pharmacist, or any other job for that matter. Would they look up his health records (or any type of record) and use that against him? Of course, he will be obtaining the card for a legitimate reason. I myself never thought of it and tried to Google search it, which gave me mixed answers. If it matters, we live in the state of California.

2. No record unless he voluntarily did it.

Records are protected by HIPPA

3. #3 Olive Juice, Jun 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2011
    As in voluntarily asked a doctor to give him a recommendation or voluntarily put himself on the record? I'm thinking the latter but I'm a bit confused.

And you mean the HIPAA, right?

Thanks for the quick reply. :)

Edit: Nvm, I get what you're saying. But does the HIPAA protect against federal law?

4. Please do a search or review the forum before starting a new thread - we've had this one asked and answered a NUMBER of times already

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.