Does the amount of light matter in the last/first 2 weeks?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Corn Man, Dec 8, 2013.

1. #1 Corn Man, Dec 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2013
    -Very condensed version at the bottom if you don't want to read-

The Story:
    So I am starting a perpetual grow. I was doing autos for a little while but have been vegging some normal plants. I pretty much need the normal plants to be done by the end of February so I need to basically get them in a flowering room by the end of the year. I currently have my two thousand watt HPS lights and my one thousand watt MH light all in one room because you don't need a flowering room for Autos obviously. Well my timing is causing a problem.

The Problem:
    I have a two week gap, Basically my autos will finish a two weeks AFTER I need to build a flowering room and send my normal plants into flowering. 

Possible Solutions:
    I have basically boiled down my options into two possibilities but worry about how they will affect my yield for either my autos or the next batch.

Solution A ) Build a flowering room with both the HPS lights so the normal plants will move forward as normal and just leave the autos to share the MH light with the next dozen plants in flowering. So it would basically be over 20 autos sharing 1000W MH with a dozen normal plants, I fear this plan with hurt their yield if they don't "finish strong"

Solution B ) Split the lights, put 1000W of the HPS in the new flowering and leave 1000W back in the veg room for the Autos to finish and then just move the other thousand watts into the flowering room so the dozen plants has 2000W for the last weeks. I am just worried about them "starting strong"

Too Long, Didn't Read:
    Is it worse to take 1,000W away from the last two weeks of autos or the first two weeks of regular plants?

2. Thoughts?

3. regular plants in 12/12 with mh for 2 weeks... that an option?

4. [quote name="Corn Man" post="19125707" timestamp="1386534729"]-Very condensed version at the bottom if you don't want to read- The Story:So I am starting a perpetual grow. I was doing autos for a little while but have been vegging some normal plants. I pretty much need the normal plants to be done by the end of February so I need to basically get them in a flowering room by the end of the year. I currently have my two thousand watt HPS lights and my one thousand watt MH light all in one room because you don't need a flowering room for Autos obviously. Well my timing is causing a problem.The Problem:I have a two week gap, Basically my autos will finish a two weeks AFTER I need to build a flowering room and send my normal plants into flowering. Possible Solutions:I have basically boiled down my options into two possibilities but worry about how they will affect my yield for either my autos or the next batch.Solution A ) Build a flowering room with both the HPS lights so the normal plants will move forward as normal and just leave the autos to share the MH light with the next dozen plants in flowering. So it would basically be over 20 autos sharing 1000W MH with a dozen normal plants, I fear this plan with hurt their yield if they don't "finish strong"Solution B ) Split the lights, put 1000W of the HPS in the new flowering and leave 1000W back in the veg room for the Autos to finish and then just move the other thousand watts into the flowering room so the dozen plants has 2000W for the last weeks. I am just worried about them "starting strong"Too Long, Didn't Read:Is it worse to take 1,000W away from the last two weeks of autos or the first two weeks of regular plants?[/quote] I would go with solution BMjfrom someplace on something

5. Thanks fellas for your help =D

6. solution B, without question

7. Or another possible option, put the autos in the flowering room with the other plants for the first couple weeks, or would that take away from the normal plants since the autos out number them two to one?

So basically I could create the flowering room like normal with all 2000W in there and put the autos and the normal plants in there. That is also an option that just occurred to me. 

8. Thoughts on that?