Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Does THC...?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Soggycardboard, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Hey everyone, :wave:

Alright I was thinking about making some cannabutter this morning so, being a good stoner, I was looking up the best recipes. I noticed alot of the recipes told me to leave the cooked weed/butter mixture in either the refrigerator or freezer for 24 hours or 3 or something after you had cooked the pot and butter together.

:smoking:

WHICH

..brings me to my actual question.. Does THC absorb in butter even when it's not being heated/cooked? If it does I'm gonna throw a handful of weed into a bucket of melted butter butter and leave it in the fridge for a week and have cooked-less cannabutter :wave: :D

2. It does leach into the butter when it isn't being cooked (the main principle behind making no bake firecrackers), however, the THC gets absorbed by cold butter at an unearthly slow rate. You would probably have to leave it in like that for a few months before you'd get any decent results.

3. Fuck I wrote a whole paragraph explaining this in detail and it got erased :(

Anyways to be short what you are referring to is time extaction. I would not recommend this in butter because with solid butter it won't work nearly as well and it takes about 2 weeks of direct contact with oil.

Fill a mason jar with your bud and put in coconut oil or cooking oil any kind of oil really up to the top of the bud and let it sit there for 2 weeks if you really want to.

Pros and Cons to Time Extraction

Pros-
    No Smell

Cons:Heat will get you more potency
    Heat is faster

Also the taste will differ between methods but that's more personal preference.

4. Applying heat will also aid in creating a more consistent and homogeneous final solution. Very important unless you want a batch of brownies where half are medicated and the other half not so much...

5. If you do the no heat method make sure your weed is still decarbed because that is important and put it in a warm dark place for the best results. I've done many batches of coconut oil and vaporized weed. I would suggest even longer than 2 weeks I think 3 works good for me.