Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Does thc tolerance build up fast? Or is it strain related

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Mookie0608, May 14, 2018.

1. Hey guys I’m fairly new, but starting to love the thc over cbd. I’m just slowly working my way into up or I should say slowly working my way up to higher thc.

I’m currently vaping taffie Indica strain at night with about a 10.52% thc content. The first time I took a vape didn’t do much found my number had been 2 10 second draws. I got a nice high not much of a body high though some pain was noticeable then the next time a little less. Now I’m at the point yes I get high just same medical effects just the I guess “psychoactive” effects are not nearly as intense. This strain does not make me sleep though, relaxed but not sleepy. Seems like the effects don’t last as long either or I’m enjoying them that much I’m vaping every hour now.

Does this mean my tolerance is building and I can handle say 11% thc and I’m ready for up to 15% comfortably? I have a few strains that are up towards 20% Indica thc strains but didn’t want to over do it so I figured I would do the taffie then move to my 13% thc then 15 then the one 17 then 20 etc.

I tried googling and could not really get an exact answer on what I guess how strong thc can be. what’s the differences in percentages other the one is lower or high. Is the a difference medically or a intensity of a high? I tried googling it and I was just trying to find the difference between 10% thc and 18%. If I’m explaining it right what does thc do and do the higher thc percentages mean it will be more effective? Or is it just a more intense high? I don’t know what to think about thc. Other then it calms me down and makes me feel good.

2. The strength of the herb really doesn't matter.
    If 2 puffs of 10% thc herb gets you medicated, then 1 puff from 20% herb will do about the same.
    CBD reduces the high effects of THC, and also harms some peoples' sleep.
    Feeling less high might just mean too much CBD.

Rotating among strains helps to keep tolerance low.
    You might also consider using indica edibles for sleep because they can last through the night.

3. Okay the taffie does not have much cbd if any. Though I do have a few cbd strains I’ll wait 3-4 hours before I switch to indicas .

The 2 puffs I was taken still gets me high it just does not feel like it’s the same kind of as strong. More like a okay I know your there but I’m still calm and relaxed high where before I could feel it and notice it more. Maybe that was just anxiety. The body high is weak always has been but the more I smoke/vape this strain the more “normal” I feel, and less intoxicated or what ever. Now after smoking/vaping I know I’m high it’s just I’m not thinking about it or feeling much different where I can go about my normal life and people wouldn’t even suspect anything is up as long as I don’t talk to much.

4. Sounds like your just getting use to being high if your taking the same dose all the time your body gets use to it which will get you through the day but if ya wanna feel high again ya may have to smoke more or consume a different way. Is that what your trying to say. Have you tried making butter out of your AVM.
    I started with cbd strains after a 15 year break from cannabis. I still vape cbd during the day but consume heavy indicas at night and sativas on the weekend. Have you got a chance to try harlequin yet?

5. Yeah tried harlequin. Surprising that it’s high cbd considering how high it gets me. 3 10 second draws, even 2 10 second gets me there. It’s just weird. I’m finding some strains just are not for me or at least if I’m being accurate, I just don’t like the cerebral effects. I think that’s the one that gets you all goofy or at least what freaked me out a few times, and maybe the euphoric effects. I moved away from the taffie and it felt more like a hybrid then Indica. No sedating part it was relaxing but keeping me going at same time. On pineapple shock right now and will try purple urkel soon. The high is amazing on it. Head hifh only last like 30 minutes but the after feeling of just feeling so calm and tranquil type effects with the minor sedating that is perfect for me. Maybe a little less head buzz and more of the body tingling and heaviness and It will be great. All though some times it does not work as well but still experimenting with it, but I love let so far. I love having a nice head buzz too, but no when it’s so intense it alters your vision and makes things seem like they bounce around at least to me. According to the one guy I know at the dispensary people think they know what thc is and exactly how potent it is, but they don’t. Thc can be potent, but he told me it’s the terpenes, and the strain itself that can determination the kind of high. He said I could try there new strain golden lemons with a thc content if like 24% and feel a lot better compared to there 10% taffi just because taffie is a equal body and head high with intense cerebral effects according to him the Other strain is not. That’s at least what I was told and after he told me to try the pineapple shock and I did and the high was much different then I was used to.