Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Does Swallowing Smoke End Up Getting Absorbed As Well?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Regnes, Sep 10, 2014.

1. So yeah, sometimes when I get too hasty I swallow a gulp or two of smoke instead of inhaling. I'm just wondering, if I burp it up all is good because I can just suck it into the lungs from there, but if I don't burp, would I digest the THC to get a different high?

Actually, I think I probably would, because I forgot you can eat weed to get high.

2. Thats unhealthy and unnecessary

3. I feel like im going to see this post being quoted in the NGCMBL thread.

4. i dont think smoke is absorbed in the stomach. has to be decarbed in an edible to be absorbed in the stomach id think

5. My partner smoked like that for years, can't be good

6. Sounds like you need to work on your teqnique and pace yourself. This would happen to a few of my friends when we were 14, even saw a few of them puke from it. And to answer your question you WILL NOT get high from swallowing smoke.

The THC in cannabis butter has been properly extracted and activated, and then stored in the fats. Theres no way you could absorb THC in smoke form through your stomach linning.

8. Smoke ends up sitting in you stomach and will cause a nauseas feeling.  Best to fully clear your lungs after a toke.  

9. Actually....swallowing smoke is bad for you. I'm a scientist and a philosopher. The drawbacks to smoking and eating Mary is that if you ate it everyday like edible form your bodys digestive system and thyroid can act up. Slow down, speed up. And as for smoking, it changes the acidic levels in your stomach wich can cause discomfort and or pain. You don't get higher from burping the smoke. And imagine if it's not organic or flushed properly before it's made it's way to you....nasty nasty smoke lol but hey I been a consistent 420 med user and before that it was recreation for a total of half my life. Pretty crazy to say lol

10. I remember being in grade 11 English class, at the front of the class, belching out a huge beer/weed cloud right in front of the teacher. High school was fun but, I don't remember much other than math.