Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Does stopping for a week have any effect?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by maryjailers, Apr 8, 2016.

1. So I am a 25 year old female, I have been smoking pretty much every day for 3 years. I have no intentions of completely stopping, but I do want to take a break for a while just to see what it's like to not be high among other reasons. Right now my plan is to stop for a week to a. prove to myself I can b. lower my tolerance so I actually feel like I get high again and c. to ween myself off of how much I've been smoking (before work, after work, weekends...pretty much am high if I'm not at work).

My question is, given the amount I've smoked and the duration, will stopping for a week be helpful for me or should I plan to go a little longer to be able to achieve this?

2. I got sick for about 3 weeks and couldn't use any cannabis. It made a world of difference in my tolerance.. I am sure you would notice a difference after one week but the longer the better.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Smoking any amount less than you are now for an extended period of time will lower your tolerance

• Like Like x 1
  4. Go for it. No reason not to. Your reasoning is pretty solid. I've done similar things before, and I usually go for 2-3 weeks or more. How I'll do it is take a week off, and then at the end of the week ask myself if I really want to start smoking yet. A lot of the time the answer is no. So I'll go another week, and so on.

5. Everyone who says your tolerance will be lowered is lying to you. Stopping for one week will have little to no effect on you, except to prove to yourself that you can go a week without weed.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Stopping for only one week will not change your tolerance considering your frequency of use. Youve built up the metabolite in your system. Give it a month min to clear (max 3 months) and youll be lit for sure.

7. You can quit between 3 days to a week and you'll get the feeling of being high again. If you quit for a month you'll feel like the first time you smoked, or at least pretty close to it. For the first few times at least.

8. Oh man I stopped for a month and took a fat bong rip and was out of this world. Then walked to a grocery store feeling sketched out

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  9. Lol just like when we first started smoking. I remember going to the store get baked on the way the I get into the store and didn't wanna be there lol paranoid and shit . Damn kids smoking weed

----------------------------------
    there's certain accidents where you may be drunk and on drugs.
    but it's going to happen weather you are or your not
    -Ricky

• Like Like x 1
  10. If I want a better buzz sometimes I skip wake n bake and just wait till after work hits ya alot better then being burnt out all day

----------------------------------
    there's certain accidents where you may be drunk and on drugs.
    but it's going to happen weather you are or your not
    -Ricky

11. Hah hell yeah dude I always enjoyed that after smoking when I was younger, I'm 19 so technically a teenager but feels different now.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  12. I also smoke everyday, and my tolerance was at an all time high. I know I needed to cut down, so I intended to go for a week without any weed. Problem is I only slept for a couple of hours that night, so I found that if I just smoke a tiny bowl before bed (don't really get High from the hit, just enough to mellow out your mind a little I guess), I can sleep really well and I have a sort of afterglow the next day.

My friend came over on the 5th day and so I broke the t-break, and I got as high as a kite. I'm sure going longer will yield even better results, but 5 days did make a significant difference.

13. Law of diminishing returns. Going without doesn't amplify your next high. Psyching yourself out by forcing patience in waiting can trick your wallet for sure though.

Now getting good to awesome weed your next pickup will increase your sensitivity to highness. Specialized variety is the funk of life.