Does splitting the stem a week before harvest work???

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by BDubBud, Sep 10, 2010.

1. I posted a thread asking about turning the lights off for 3 or 4 days before harvest to indue more tricomes to form, but i got a response that splitting the stem works better because its more radical, but more efficent......does this work??? and does it help form more tricomes the last week and work better than the darkness??????????help me out with this one......

• Like Like x 1
  2. Splitting the stem?!

like how, what do you mean, did somebody say that because the amount of stress makes her frost up?

im quite lost, never heard of this

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  3. This is what the guy posted that said it was more radical, yet more efficent!!! does this work??? has anyone done this and gotten results that would be worth stabing your plants??????

4. Thats insane. Maybe it works but thats the last thing you'll ever see me do! I will stick to giving them 48hrs darkness

• Like Like x 2
  5. you will have no problem growing good buds without all this plant abuse. Grow the healthiest plant you can for the biggest and best harvest.

• Like Like x 3
  6. ill just stick to the 48 to 72 hours darkness, but if anyone has any proof that this works post it!!!!!

7. was this guy pinhead:eek:...out of work acupunturist:hello:if he tells ya ta dig it up and remove roots:eek:..i always used ta ask for grow pictures if someone was slingin' advice...kinda like creds......i liked their grow...i listened a little better...just my deuce:smoking:peace deacon

8. he should alternate north south and east west sticks.
    this way if it dies you'll never notice as it can't fall down.

9. word dat bro...funny shit:Dwhat makes ya think of this:confused: dam...i had a shitty day...what can i do...tourture the plant....come her biatch...take that...and that...and that:eek:

• Like Like x 1
  10. i'v been flushing one of my plants for a while, and its been dropping lots of leaves and its not ready to chop, so i fed her 2 tbsp of earthjuice grow 2-1-1 and within 3 days the number of trichomes appears to have almost doubled.

but now i have clear ones along with the cloudy ones at the end of week 12 flowering. wtf. either way, she's potent!

• Like Like x 1
  11. a bunch of explaining has been done on the original thanks to my question haha

12. hears what i know maybe not a week or 2 before harvest but early on in flowering it could be benifitial if u do it too late the plant wont have time to fix itself and make a difrence i had a plant break its stem around week 3 of flower i wraped it up and kept it moist the nugs above wer it broke wer significantly bigger and wen i harvested and removed the wraping it was a fat ass ball wer the break was i think what it does is two things to the plant one make it think its dying and two wen it fixes it self nutrients flood that part of the plant to make sure it survives just my 2 cents

• Like Like x 1
  13. Fuck that I would never stab my plant the only reason I kill it at the end of flowering is because I enjoy the funeral lol it looks painful to me ill stick to darkness there is also a youtube video about it I think its in the original post linked in this thread

14. LOL. the things people do...

• Like Like x 2
  15. This does work on cannabis but has been used for many many many years on other types of fruiting trees etc.. It doesn't kill the plant, I've seen plant completely snapped over laying on the ground from wind attached by a sliver of skin finish it's last month without dying and looked amazing like it never happened by harvest.

• Like Like x 1
  16. You have funerals for you plants too? Great ganja god is pleased.

17. Or proof that 48 to 72 hours darkness works!

Lol

J

• Like Like x 1
  18. 12 hours of darkness, right?

J