Does someones weight affect how high he/she gets and how long it lasts?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by nerdystonergirl, Oct 17, 2015.

1. I've been wondering this for a while. I'm about 5'5, 115 pounds. Often times, I feel like I get higher quicker, and it lasts longer than my friends'. There was a time I smoked 2 blunts and it lasted for about 6-7 hours. Does anyone know if weight can cause this? Or if there's another factor?

2. Tolerance is a really broad topic. Some people think it's based on how your brain works and responds to the THC. Some people think it's about your height and weight, and some people think tolerance is a myth. From personal experience, I think it's a 50/50 split between weight and brain function. I'm 5'10, 175 pounds, and I get less stoned than my girlfriend who is 5'4, 140 pounds.

3. I think it probably has no affect since it is in your brain. Although maybe it does because lets say you're overweight, well then your body isn't in the best shape. So if you eat an edible or smoke it may take longer to get absorbed by your body or something.

But mostly I think weight just means it'll take longer for your body to cleanse itself(assuming weighing more means more fat).

4. The dosages for different drugs depend on a ratio depending on body weight.

I can say that I have smoked within a range of about 125 pounds, and didn't notice any difference in effects when I was skinnier or fatter.

5. whoever thinks tolerance is a myth is fucking retarded.

6. I think I can offer a little insight here...

I started smoking only this year due to medical reasons (extreme nausea, vomiting and no hunger drive). I have consistently bought a ounce a fortnight for the last 5 months and I vape every day at meal times to eat.

During the last 6 months I have lost 23kgs (50 pounds). My tolerance levels have not decreased at all. Vaping as much as I do means I have a pretty high tolerance to it now and takes a fair amount to get me "stoned". Thankfully I don't need to get fucked up, just eat :p

Although my tolerance to the head fuckery has increased it still very much satisfies my medicinal use. I think the biggest thing I notice is that it's very simple for me to do things. No matter how much I smoke anymore I don't have any trouble working or cooking or writing essays.

Can't wait to have a nice long tolerance break when I stop being sick

7. If your brain works like a sponge it may cling on to what matters or simply wash away the dirt. You may have a cloudy head and be thinking of negative things all the time thus killing your vibe. Or you could be having a great day and the first bong rip of the day could last hours on end. Environment plays a heavy role in how you experience your highs.

8. I think it can. In my own experience I get higher when I'm skinnier.

9. That's actually another thing about tolerance, that environment effects it.

So if I smoke weed every day 10 times a day in my room, in the exact same environment, void of other people, and other variables, when I go to a concert and smoke or something like that, my tolerance for the drug will be lower, because it's an environment I'm not accustomed to.

There's actually 5 or 6 kinds of tolerance, not just the kind we think of when we think of the one kind. Only other one coming to mind right now is cross tolerance, but you can find them online. Cross tolerance would be like somebody who is an alcoholic, and goes in for surgery, if the anesthesia works at the same site in the brain as alcohol, the person will have a tolerance for the anesthesia, even if they have never taken it. Makes the job of an anesthesiologist trickier than one would think.