Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Does smoking weed really make you five times more likely to have a heart attack?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Cincle38, May 29, 2011.

1. Has anybody ever even had a heart attack marijuana-related. I have heard that numerous times about weed. Is it true?

2. If they're talking about because it increases your heart rate, then don't work out either. That increases your risk of a heart attack.

3. bud makes ur heart beat faster, so if you have high blood pressure and your veins cannot stand all the blood circulating through ur body, yes...

in other words, if you'd be afraid to take a jog once in a while, you'll die.

4. Yea I bet excersize increases your risk of a heart attack to.

5. Bud will increase your heart rate, but lowers your blood pressure. The same thing happens when you exercise.

If you have a known heart problem I'd be cautious. Also keep in mind, when your stoned you're likely to get paranoid and think you're having a heart attack, which will probably make your heart beat faster.

6. I wouldn't think this is true. I'd think it was true with cigarettes, as nicotine is a stimulant linked to hypertension and higher blood pressure.

But as a daily smoker for four years, I have noticed absolutely no difference in my blood pressure. I have low numbers (about 65/110, resting heart rate of about 60) and these numbers have definitely not increased.

I could see the misconception of chest pains when smoking, as the psychedelic effects of marijuana make a person experience an exaggerated perception of reality, that may increase stress levels among novice users.

7. u smell like a dirty dumb hippy.

:p jp had to when I saw ur sig tho lmao

8. :cry:

9. I think they are talking about when you smoke marijuana and get hungry and eat 14 McDoubles and the greasy food clogs your arteries