Does smoking weed make you automatically a Liberal?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Deleted member 940351, Mar 17, 2016.

1. Smoking weed has made me more libertarian. Why would I support more state power and control when the state uses its power to oppress me and seeks to put me in one of there rape cages for my love of a plant?

• Like Like x 2
  2. Slippery slope much?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  3. Is it not very liberal students @ Yale who demanded the campus is more about being a "safe" zone than an intellectual one? I certainly wouldn't say there aren't actual intelligent liberals, but just being liberal is far from guaranteed intelligence.

• Like Like x 1
  4. While weed can make you sympathetic while high on it its not so powerful as to change your entire outlook on life. Your mind is in 1 state. Unless you see something while high to cause you to think differently, you probably wont change. If you want something like this to happen I would seek out certain dissolving tabs or some special mushrooms.

5. Done those did not change my political perspective, (libertarian) either.

What has changed my political perspective overtime is reading and educating myself. I used to be a democrat, then a friend gave me End the Fed by Ron Paul and I was still a democrat although slightly repulsed at what I said and slightly intrigued at the same time. Then I read Rand, Rothbard, Mises, Woods and others and over time changed my political beliefs. But they still change and oscillate depending on my experiences and studies.

• Like Like x 1
  6. No. I went from conservative to libertarian/anarchy.

• Like Like x 2
  7. No but with enough it automatically makes you high af

8. Aren't conservatives and libertarians exactly the same thing?

9. No. Smoking a plant does not make you an autoliberal.

10. No. A libertarian is a liberal who is pro-capitalist.

Conservative and liberal are social terms, libertarian is not.

11. Yes because thinking that men should be the only ones who should work, that people should be generalized because of their skin colour or ethnicity is definitely a step foward.

12. What do you mean no?

Libertarian is right economically but left (liberal) socially, and anarchy, well anarchy is another topic, anarchy can be both a philosophy or a political ideology, yet it is a leftist ideology socially (everybody's equal etc).

13. I meant 'no, smoking weed didn't make me liberal.'

I'll clarify where I am coming from.

I am in favor of liberty for every human being, the extent of which is endless except where you infringe on someone else. Also, absolutely minimum government. Basically a constitutional republic I guess.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Most liberals i know are complete d-bags.

15. Yes so you have become a liberal, what you have written is a very liberal thing to say.

Read my first post on this thread.

16. Okay, by traditional definition sure, definitely not modern the connotation of liberal.

But, this transformation occurred before I started smoking, so it's hard to tell.

• Like Like x 1
  17. #58 Vicious, Mar 20, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2016
    It's not generalizing to say black people kill more black people than white people kill black people. It's a fact. And the fact is if we can't discuss these hard cultural issues no one wants to talk about we're going to be in trouble quick.

There is a racial issue in this country but idiots like BLM are perpetuating it, not helping it. Everyone wants to talk about racism but no one on the left will admit that it's white people that are being openly and systematically demonized. It's okay and cool to hate white people, remember, they don't know what it feels like to be poor and can't be oppressed.

How do you feel about taking in refugees? And by "refugees" I mean invaders and economic migrants.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Hello Brain Stew. Im an admin on this site and this post tells you that your'e now marked "toxic". This doesnt really affect you, only other users will see this status on your page.
    Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1