Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Does smoking weed lower your heart rate in the long term

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by brodog, Nov 8, 2014.

1. So this morning I took my heart rate in bed and it was 46 which is very low.  I'm a relatvely active guy but overall im no that fit, and  The only regular physical activity i get is skating almost everyday.  The only other thing I can think of to make it that low is the fact that i smoke everyday.  One time my friend got his blood pressure taken and it was super low and the nurse said he has a stoner's blood pressure.  So I was wondering if maybe smoking weed lowers your heart rate if it supposedly also lowers your blood pressure.

Also I am aware that weed raises your blood pressure in the short term, but I'm talking about taking my blood pressure when I'm not high right when i wake up

2. #2 As Above So Below, Nov 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2014
    Unless you are performing surgery on me, I don't give a shit what a doctor or nurse says. Most of it is bullshit anyways. 

I cannot accurately answer your question because I am not a scientist nor am I a medical professional... But I would say it lowers your heart rate in the long term...

When I have weed nothing stresses me out.... I just deal with what I have to and at the end of the day I smoke a fat bowl, knowing I did my best today. 
    And honestly? Who cares about blood pressure and heart rate? We're all going to die so why fret about the little stuff? It's just another form of control.